Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Corporal

Exclamation MAN DIES AFTER GETTING 'LAST RITES' TATTOO

This occured in 2005 next to where i was living in Brooklyn at the time. I figured most of you probably hadn't heard about this and the only reason why it came to mind was because Brandon is off to NYC soon....so stay away from unlicensed tattoo shops or you'll be cursed by DEATH!! lol!

This poor bastard i heard nearly decapitated himself...here are some articles about the incident:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/rites_r...Qa5tmwi28rN2vI

http://gothamist.com/2005/10/15/deca..._the_devil.php

http://www.ny1.com/?SecID=1000&ArID=54260
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:42 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: MAN DIES AFTER GETTING 'LAST RITES' TATTOO

that sucks man, we had something kinda like that happen, except nobody died. dude was so happy about his new tattoo, he was jumping all around and he lost his balance and fell into our display case, he caught himself with his arms that went through the display case. blood was f@#king everywhere.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Private

thats some wild stuff right there. gruesome indeed
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Wow! Thats intense!

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 09-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Corporal

Damn that is crazy! Talk about a freak accident.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by THRASH View Post
Damn that is crazy! Talk about a freak accident.
yeah seriously...i mean what are the chances this dude getting a tattoo called 'Last Rites' and then gets a dizzy spell and falls into the glass countertop and slicing open his throat nearly taking his head off...i could just imagine the horror of the tatto artist that saw it happen....jeezus!!

Last edited by UFC_fan; 09-03-2010 at 10:49 AM..
Old 09-03-2010, 01:03 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Wow. o.O
Old 09-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Field Marshal

this is awesome

never a DULL MOMENT folks.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Field Marshal

A man getting a "Last Rites" tattoo (above) etched into his arm in a Brooklyn shop yesterday felt dizzy, fainted and fell head-first into a glass display case - slitting his throat and killing him, police said.

The tragic mishap occurred at 2 p.m. while Juaquin Leger, 28, of Brooklyn, was getting the tattoo in the Buzz Tattoo Shop at 61 Graham Ave. in Williamsburg.

Store owner Julio Ramos cried as he described what happened as he began etching the eerily foreboding tattoo on Leger's right forearm.

"I was doing the linework," he said. "I insisted that he sit down because he was getting dizzy."

The tattoo depicts the face of a devil known as a "Last Rites" style among artists.

"He got up and walked to the counter to get some food" that he had brought with him, Ramos said, trembling.

Others in the shop told detectives that Leger said he thought eating would make him feel better, police sources said.

After walking over to the counter, the witnesses reported, Leger blurted out, "Well, I still feel dizzy," and collapsed, falling head-first into the display case, shattering its glass top.

The broken glass sliced into his neck and throat, leaving deep gashes.

"I spotted him staggering and he fell," said Ramos. "When he fell into the glass, I seen it was already too late to help him.

"He died right in the middle of the floor," said Ramos.

Ramos's apprentice, Wilson Fernandez, described the horrific scene.

"Blood was just pumping out of his mouth and ears," he said, adding that the gash went fully across Leger's neck.

A woman ran from the second-floor tattoo parlor into the street and asked a passing cop to come to Leger's aid, telling him, "Hurry up, he's bleeding," police sources said.

Leger was dead on arrival at Woodhull Hospital.

Ramos, 37, who has been a tattoo artist for 20 years, called Leger's death "a freak accident."

Police said Ramos did not have a city tattoo license on display in the shop and was not able to produce one. They also said he did not have records of his clients and the work he has done on them, as required by law.

He was given summonses for the two offenses, they said.

Ramos also was arrested on an outstanding warrant for a previous disorderly-conduct arrest and released, court sources said.

But yesterday, he was far more traumatized by the death of his customer.

"I want the family to know that my condolences and my prayers go out to them," he said.

A spokesman for the city Health Department, which licenses tattoo artists and inspects tattoo parlors when complaints are filed, said the shop would be checked out over the weekend.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/rites_r...#ixzz0yUj5qNDw
Old 09-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
this is awesome

never a DULL MOMENT folks.
haha! glad u enjoyed it

Tags
dies, man, rites, tattoo