Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 03-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Some kinda law or something???

Hey all, my cousin just came back from a tattoo party....YAHHH!!!!....the work looks very muddy but my cousin's psyched about the work, my question is, can any kind of laws be pushed to keep people from getting f@#ked up under the machines of scratchers?....like some kind of law.....Im really tired of seeing friends and now family members getting inferior work done and then showing it off...SMH...the scratcher s&!t is getting out of hand in my city, its really making me sick......anybody trying to rid scratchers all together, Im sure almost everybodies pockets are lighter because of this epidemic......we need to get this artform back under control man, literally everybody in my city goes to some fiends house or some scratchers house to get the worst tattoos ever, I can fill the bad tattoos thread with the trash going around my city.......any ideas are appreciated..Thanx------sorry for another scratcher post, I can't let this go anymore, its f@#king with me, its got to f@#k with you guys...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Private

Default Re: Some kinda law or something???

My friend you are looking for solutions without addressing the symptoms.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:17 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I hate it when people I know get really crappy work by a kitchen cowboy/cowgirl, but I cannot support a law that tells them they cannot do that. It is their body, and if they want some scratcher asshole to tattoo them, then they have that right.

The best way to combat this, is to get quality work and and make people want to get something that looks good.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Platoon Sargent

Or at least some kinda law prohibiting these assholes from giving tattoos.....something.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
Or at least some kinda law prohibiting these assholes from giving tattoos.....something.
i dont know about your state, but in my state being a scratcher and tattoing out of your house is illegal, and they will BUST you. Its a matter of being reported and having someone say you tattooed them. If you got a problem with it, get their information and forward it to your local health department. there is a thin line between concerned citizen and snitch. its an entirely different ballgame if you are tattooing though. a scratcher in no way, shape or form is every going to be any sort of competition to me as an established artist in my area. point in case: ive got reviews on google, they have aids.

cherrio!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Platoon Sargent

I'll keep that in mind, I think I might start weeding them out one by one..LMAO!!! its really sickening!!!.......
Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

illinois is finally starting to investigate/prosecute these assholes...mainly because the state is broke and they can use the income from the fines, but every few months my inspector stops by the shop and i hand her a list of names and info from anybody dumb enough to come in here looking to buy supplies. so far we've put 4 out of business
Old 03-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Platoon Sargent

Lord Hordak I don't agree with you.......they ARE going to be my business, the hacks around my area do work for less than what a tattoo studio would charge, therefore taking food out of my daughter's mouth, at the end of the day........I love my city and this artform enough to at least start a turnaround and have people realize that their skin IS valuable and they can at least show so appreciation, and get great work put in it.....just my opinion....DrayBono, right on bro, keep applying pressure they'll break!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Platoon Sargent

No other kind of employment, would allow a bootlegged poor example of there company or organization, they have agencies out that search for bootlegging, WHY CAN"T WE??? Why is it so bad to try and re-gain control of this artform? I know people that have gotten 5 or 6 tattoos and now don't want to get anymore work done because, they've had bad experiences, with kitchen cultivators.....whatever Im all for putting (bad-artistry on peoples skin permanently), out of business......I can understand if the artwork is fabulous, and the artist put together a great work of art, this post isn't about them, this post is for the people that put people in danger and subject them to experience anything but a proper tattoo. This is alot of you guys on this website's career choice, and only form of employment....SMH.......

Last edited by Frek; 03-03-2011 at 09:47 PM..
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

People that go to hacks for multiple tattoos, will not go to a studio at all.

Tags
kinda, law