Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 07-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Recruit

Default Re: TLC to launch "Tattoo School" on July 16!?!?

i just looked at the schedule on tlc.com and when this show is suppose to air it said information not available but everything else is filled in, so im hoping they decided to pull it
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Recruit

I googled the owner of The Tattoo Learning Center... There were multiple "artists" that had her as the person they apprenticed with and honestly I would never allow any of them near my skin.... I also found one of the instructors myspace page for his shop and I would never want to learn from him, his work was less than stellar...

I only hope that the show will tell the real story of what a 2 week course to become a professional tattoo artist looks like... If they did not advertise circumventing the apprenticeship and just using the course as additional training I might have had some respect for it... But since they want to circumvent a proven process I am unimpressed...

I wont be watching because I won't support anyone who treats tattooing like something you can do on a whim.... A tattoo is a serious body modification with significant health risks if you have someone who has not had the proper training and licensing... Its much akin to unleashing bad plastic surgeons on an unknowing society... If just one person gets an illness from poor practices it is too much and the school should be held liable in my honest opinion... Not to mention the poor tattoo's in the schools photo section. No one can learn something so in depth in 80 hours, the course is not even a full 2 weeks.... When they say 2 weeks they mean 2 weeks in business weeks, 10 days....

The whole thing is frightening to say the least...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Only The Strong Survive
I had an idea that the evolution of these tattoo shows were headed this way. The first of the shows caused the big boom in people getting tattooed. This was pretty cool because it helped the progress of tattoos being acceptable. However, with a huge increase of people getting tattooed, a lot of these people said to their selves" this is a cool job, I could do this, I can trace, I went to art school". Thus today, a huge increase in people wanting to learn to tattoo. I think most tattooers take this personal because tattooing comes from with in. Almost like a destiny. You have to have a different kind of love for it. Of course you can love tattoos, of course you can love the idea of being an artist. But this is not the way to go about it. If you are an adult, you know there are things in life you can't learn in school. Tattooing is a life. It is not for everyone. Especially if you have no true respect or knowledge of history of tattooing. I get by, knowing that these shows will eventually help in setting a standard of quality in tattoos. And I can do a quality tattoo. If you feel the same, don't let these lame shows get to you. Love BIRD
By: Chris Birdsong

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 07-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Recruit

Default gbg leads and gbg mlm

Incredible, impressive blog website design and style! For how long have you been running a blog for? you make blogging look effortless. The complete appearance of your site is wonderful, as well as the material! gbg business
Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

This is one of the instructors from the tattoo school.
Dear lord,...this show is nothing good at all,.. if this is what they have to offer.
http://serenityinked.weebly.com/index.html
All of them belong in "Bad Tattoos"
... ( y )
Old 07-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Recruit

Yeah that was the instructor I was talking about.... I would not want to learn anything from him honestly, if you are going to teach tattooing I think your art needs to command respect... If I am going to pay 5000.00 I need to feel like I am getting a real education from someone I can respect... I would want to be in awe when I watched him or her work... I think if I were going to take the time and effort to be a tattoo artist I would want to be one of the best and therefore do whatever it took to study under a true master of the art....

I would also want to know I really had what it took to be a tattoo artist... I would not want some feel good instructor to lie to me about my abilities.... I would hate to waste my time, energy, and money on something I have no chance of being truly good at...
Old 07-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Recruit

the blind leading the blind, what an insult to the industry
Old 07-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Here is a question/comment from our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-or...oo/47204496606

"I get what u guys are saying.
that course is WAY too short.

however, in the modern 21st century, is it really beneficial to spend so long (years) if the apprentice is already a good artist?

2 weeks is def. too short, but isn't 2-3 years too long?"

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 07-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Private

Have you all seen the pictures from their site? Tattooing their sucker--i mean clients on uncovered wooden stools and stuff like that...Churning out unsanitary scratchers. I would love to see these students go into a real shop and try that...see how long they last...
Old 07-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Recruit

I think that apprenticeship is until..... Until the Artist you train under determines you are ready to move out of apprenticeship and into Artist status.... And in all honesty its a constant learning process, but the basics take a heck of a lot longer than 2 weeks to learn.... There is a reason you ask the master to take you as an apprentice, you respect their opinion.... And that is part of the problem with these schools, if they are pumping out tons of under educated people and telling them all that they are ready to be an artist you should question their judgment.... That's the other problem with paying for your "apprenticeship" now you are comforted and coddled into believing your crappy work is fantastic... Of course they are going to tell you that your work is good, they want your 4800.00...

I mean come on this is permanent marking on another persons body, that is a lot of responsibility.... Then there are the health ramifications... If you have the potential to pass on incurable bloodborne pathogens at least make sure you are well trained in how to diminish the risk to the best of your ability...

I would not hire someone with 2 weeks of training to rewire something in my house, why in the world would I allow someone with 2 weeks of training mess around with my blood, and permanently mark up my skin.... If I am going to pay someone to do this kind of thing I want someone with ample experience....

You are training to become a Tattoo Artist not a fry cook, expect to put in the time necessary to become a true Tattoo Artist.... If you can't be bothered to do the time and work necessary I don't want you near my skin.... If that takes 2 to 3 years then put in the 2 to 3 years.... A client sits in your chair, at your mercy, be worthy of the trust the person puts in you... Take it as seriously as you would if you were going to tattoo your own child....

Tattooing is a lifestyle not a job..... Seek out a true artist, look at their journey and their dedication to the craft... Hobbyist artists and those who leave it at work when they leave the doors are not true artists in the craft.... Tattoo schools try to turn it into a hobby, or some sort of fun "job" which is not the reality of true tattoo culture... Don't turn it into mcdonalds or walmart please....

Tags
july, launch, tattoo school, tlc