Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Private

Default Tegaderm?

I am guessing this is where tatuderm got the idea? I bought some to try out on myself. I have heard good things like healing in 3 days -ish with no peel and scabbing. I heal hard so I am going to tattoo myself and try them out.

I have seen some people applying them directly after a tattoo and I just don't see how that is a good idea with the ointment residue and oozing. I plan to let the tat dry for a few hours, wash it with antibacterial and apply it for a few days.

Anyone else have any experience with using these? Figured it would be super nice to not have to wear a plastic sleeve to work when I add some more to my forearms
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:44 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: Tegaderm?

I haven't heard anything about it, but I'm eager to hear how it works out for you.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

It forms a pocket around yer tattoo. Tagaderm is used in hospitals to treat burn patients, similar abrasion to tattooing. The real stuff is great, but a bit expensive. I've been using Reynolds cling wrap (ya know the sticky stuff) and it's awesome. Stays on all night. Just cut out a patch and smooth it over the tattoo, maybe a piece of tape or two. The stuff sticks to the skin and to it's self. Well worth looking into.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

Press n seal. That's what it's called.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Private

I found the tegaderm for under 1$ per 4x4 piece. The difference in the tegaderm vs the cling wrap would be that the tegaderm is breathable s&!t ill go to the studio tonight and tat it up and see how it works for me. I cant even watch when I get my blood drawn so this should be interesting. Im such a sissy lol
Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Private

ok so dont have the balls to tat myself still lol but I convinced the hubby to let me do a quick minion from despicable me on him. my tegaderm 4x4s are being shipped but I picked up some of the smaller ones and used 2 of them to cover it. Will check back in 3-4 days

cant decide if the minion should be saying "banana???" or "Whaaaaat??" whatcha think lol
Old 01-07-2011, 07:48 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

.....burp!!!!

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Private

day 2 of the tegaderm.
The papers that came with it state "It is normal for yellow or brown fluid to appear under the tegaderm on a wound. However, a strong odor is a sign of possible infection"
There is a small amount of brownish fluidy type stuff but no smell at all. The tattoo underneath looks great. the redness is gone, it is not hot and my husband says that it doesnt even hurt. Usually day 2 is the most painful for him. There doesnt appear to be any type of scab.

The left side of the bandage did have a little crease and there was a small amount of the "fluid" that leaked out. I put a piece of medical tape on it. So you definetly want to make sure you get the edges as smooth as possible when applying or atleast leaving an extra 1" of bandage around the tattoo. (I left a half inch)
So far so good. I plan to remove it on Monday and check it out closer.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Private

At the end of day 3 I removed the bandage, cleaned it with a gentle antibacterial soap let it dry and reapplied the tegaderm. It was probably unnecessary to do it but I couldnt resist seeing how well it was healing.

So far I am really impressed. I could see the parts of the tattoo that were healing. There was absolutely no scabbing or rough skin. The healing parts were a bit "shinier" then surrounding area. No smell, no signs of infection. And since changing the bandage there is no new fluid under it.
It is also sticking much better and there has been no need for any extra taping.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Private

well day 5. Removed the tegaderm and honestly it looks fantastic! No scabbing at all and looks like a healed tattoo. Now is the "we will see" time that i have been skeptical about. What now? is it going to start scabbing up and start a normal healing cycle or is it done and good to go?

Tags
tegaderm