Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Famous in bad places
Private

Default Re: Opinions on this gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Oh no kidding. I tried that panic shoot house drill. I was a train wreck. I did so bad I had to stop LOL !!! People barking in your ear stuff going on all over. I was a mess.

Fine motor skills go out the window in high stress, thats why there are many situations where someone will fire off ten rounds, with only two hits...

The solution to that is to train around fine motor skills. running scenario drills is fine, but in my experience, a scenario has never accurately replicated real life.

Spend more time working with the weapon, handling malfunctions, reloads, trigger pull, sight alignment and point shooting...then run that same drill again. Ill buy you lunch if you don't perform better.

People assume they have to be fast....speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Corporal

I will have to try that out. I do pretty good but when I had the guy yelling behind me and they were firing off blanks behind me. Really threw me off. I thought I was a good shot untill that. I hear what you are saying on the real life scenario. I want to make sure I can protect my family if the time comes.

I will deff take that lunch LOL !
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Corporal

I never did care much for stationary standing target practice. I like to shoot at moving targets from moving positions.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Angel of Death
Corporal

Home defense = shotgun...lol.
Next option would be a .38 revolver (no jams just pull the trigger)

If you were going to just mess around at the range i would say
go 9mm to start as a beginner.

Right before christmas I shot a very nice Beretta .45 and I was suprised that
there wasn't a lotof recoil. One of our friends is a DOD consultant and it was hi personal firearm but I am not sure of the model. He usually carries the latest stuff. I can give him a call if you haven't bought anything yet and get his read on it.

Bunny
Tattooed Sweethearts
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Angel of Death
Corporal

Okay...just spoke with him and it was a PX4 I shot!
He said they did some test for the Army (SOCOM something) and put 60,000 rounds through the thing without any catastrophic failure. He knows you'll never do that but he said it is a very reliable handgun.

He said his next choice or equal choice would be a Glock

Hope this helps somehow!

Bunny
Tattooed Sweethearts
Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Famous in bad places
Private

Right on that. In 2005 the US Army began the Joint Combat Pistol program to replace the aging (and in most circles, inferior) M9 Beretta. The pistols entered into the competition were the Heckler & Koch HK45, SIG P220 Combat, Ruger P345, Smith & Wesson M&P, Glock 21SF, Beretta Px4 Storm, Taurus PT 24/7 OSS, Fabrique Nationale FNP45-USG, Springfield Armory XD 45,and the Para-Ordnance LDA 1911. All chambered in .45acp...it is interesting to note that the overall winner, by a large margin was the H&K(no surprise there ...) Rumors are the Taurus and Glock came in last (sorry Glock fans)

Unfortunatly, the project was shelved until further notice, mostly due to political pressure from the states where the military Berettas are built(Blame Maryland). Bottom line, any pistol that can compete and pass the military testing standards is good enough for civilian use.

The PX4 storm SD in .45acp is not in use by any federal agency, but is carried by a hand full of police departements around the country (mostly in Maryland).

Last edited by LongShot; 02-13-2009 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 02-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Angel of Death
Corporal

That's "The Peoples Repulic of Maryland"

This state sucks as far as gun laws go!

Bunny
Tattooed Sweethearts
Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 AM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

you guys are amazing...thanks for the info!

Christopher McCandless
Old 02-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Corporal

Figure I would give this post a bump because I am all excited as well. Just ordered my new baby. Unfortunately there is an 8 week back order. Can't wait to test out my new cold steel.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=175

Tags
gun, opinions