Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Private

Default Needlerunners

Anyone try these yet? Theyre getting awesome reviews.

https://www.needlerunner.com/index.asp
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Private

Default Re: Needlerunners

I would try it if they gave samples but I'm a little skeptical. I just read about those a week or so ago. It seems like they might have a little more resistance than rubber bands.

Facebook
Myspace
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Private

I've got some. they are a b!tch to put on, but when they're on they work nice.
Once on, they don't move, so the plastic they're made from slides up and down inside the tube and seems to create less resistance than using rubber bands.. I use rotaries so don't know about the voltage decrease they claim.
The needle feels a lot more secure and solid in the tip than with rubber bands. I'm yet to give them a good test though. I have a long session booked in for tomorrow so will be trying them then.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Recruit

Hellyeah, one of those things that is so simple ya cant believe it wasnt done ages ago. Im trying em out on liners to start with (dont know how they'd be with big mags etc where more tension could be required) and Im running the machines a volt down and its going in better than ever ,cant recommend em enough!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:43 AM
Private

Over the past few days I've found they work well with SS tubes, but often cause a lot of friction in disposables.
With disposables I've had a small build up of fine powder due to friction, but haven't had that with SS.
I use rotaries so it's not always easy to tell if it's setup a little tight as they will power through anyway, so I'm still experimenting.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Recruit

Sorry for the spam but...

For those in the US and Canada wanting to give Needle Runner a try or want to buy more, you can order now at:
http://rattydaddys.com
Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

$100 for 10 and they're not autoclaveable? Seems a little steep to me.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Recruit

I think it is $100 for 10 pkgs. of 100. That is 10 cents each. Not too expensive for me.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
I think it is $100 for 10 pkgs. of 100. That is 10 cents each. Not too expensive for me.
I apologize if there were and confusions with the listing.

1 pack of Needle Runners is 100pcs.
10 packs of Needle Runners is 1000pcs.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

Oh ok, that's acceptable. I just didn't see anything like that in the descriptions on either site, but yeah for that amount, that's pretty nice.

Tags
needlerunners