Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 12-31-2009, 04:08 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: White ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATSOS View Post
Electrolytes are EXTREMELY AWESOME!!

BILLLLLLLLLL!!!! -- If you're around, could you help us out here? What's with the fizz?
its a chemical reaction. and i wouldnt recommend using it when it does that.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
its a chemical reaction. and i wouldnt recommend using it when it does that.
OK but WHY not? Thats what I want to know. "Just because?" Or could you explain the exact chemical reaction taking place? My soda fizzes to all hell when it reacts to ice, but its still plenty safe to drink -- even though you can clean stainless steel with cola. Not to sound like a d**k, but I'm fan of empirical knowledge as opposed to "he said that she said that he thinks blah blah blah"

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Platoon Sargent

i am also interested in why you shouldnt mix predisperced pigment with powder based pigment. i have a tattoo that is a mix of starbright and stable. and it looks fantastic. i have heard that it can be bad to do, but i just want to know why.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
OK but WHY not? Thats what I want to know. "Just because?" Or could you explain the exact chemical reaction taking place? My soda fizzes to all hell when it reacts to ice, but its still plenty safe to drink -- even though you can clean stainless steel with cola. Not to sound like a d**k, but I'm fan of empirical knowledge as opposed to "he said that she said that he thinks blah blah blah"
when you mix two different inks that don't have the same or close to the same ingredients, sometimes you have a chemical reaction, and a chemical reaction in the ink goes into your skin, and is reacting in your f@#king skin. that is why it is bad. because you are having a chemical reaction in your mother f@#king skin. a friend of mine was mixing i think skin candy and eternal, and it started to fizz. well he did the tattoo anyway, fighting like hell to get the s&!t in, and the customer came back two days later with a f@#ked up tattoo. thats all i know, but go right ahead and try it for your self, i dont give a f@#k.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:49 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

ps. sorry for sounding like an asshole, i am in a REALLY s&!tty mood. i am looking for another shop yet again. i am so f@#king fed up with this mother f@#kin area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Corporal

HAHA!! No troubles Tom! I hope things look up for you soon. At least your shop issues came when shop business is dead, D-E-D dead. I'm not really looking for advice or opinions on the matter, I have my own and god knows I know way too many solid, reputable tattooers that all have their opinions on these kinds of mixes -- and they all contradict each other. I'm just looking for the actual facts/reasons regarding WHY this happens and WHAT the end result is. I believe it is a quick reaction that takes place and ends leaving the properties of the suspension as it was. So long as the reaction does not create a new compound, then the ink is no less safe than it was prior to the mix. My problem is that I don't know for sure. Just for the record, I've heard far more stories like Jess' than like your friends. Also -- aren't Eternal and Skin Candy BOTH pre-dispersed?

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111
Old 01-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
aren't Eternal and Skin Candy BOTH pre-dispersed?
yes they are both predisperced.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Private

Starbrite for me.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Private

i used to love eternals white but i just recently got a new bottle of it and the label was different than it used to be, and it doesnt seem to be as easy to see going in as the old eternal white did. i like starbrite's white but i seem to find my self mostly using it to cut color, i also just purchased a bottle of good color white and so far im diggin it
Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Recruit

starbright is awsome

Tags
ink, white