Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Field Marshal

Default Debate on Racist Jokes:

thread removed.

Last edited by conorblue; 04-11-2010 at 02:28 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Ish Happens
Private

Default Re: Debate on Racist Jokes:

Well IMO, I think alot of the times, people telling racist jokes aren't racist at all. At the end of the day its just a joke and yea, some might get offended by it but hey a joke is a joke right?? I have white,asian,indian friends and they tell black jokes all the time just like I tell white,asian,indian jokes and I think its rather funny lol. Its not everybody's cup of tea though
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

I dislike Dead baby jokes... greatly.

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

i hate anti reese cup jokes...everything else is a go!!!!

Christopher McCandless
Old 04-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

I think on any public forum it's a little bad in taste, exspecially if it comes out mostly jokes on a certian race, it will look bad for the forum, and possibly have some leave or never join over a few jokes!

The world is just so sensitive now it's almost disscusting

now blonde jokes are fine cause you can dye you hair, we all can't be Michael Jackson and change our race
Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

[QUOTE=SJRabbit;57324]

The world is just so sensitive now it's almost disscusting

QUOTE]

AMEN !
What kills me is that the people who are offended the most over Jew,.. or Black jokes are not even Jewish or Black.
... ( y )
Old 04-06-2010, 10:34 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I was stationed in Korea with my ex brother-in-law, who is from Mexico. Two other guys were Puerto Rican and Dominican. They were always hanging out and cracking jokes at each other. Said that their races hated each other, yet I'd never seen any of them actually dislike each other.

And their jokes were the funniest I'd ever heard. I would have posted them in that thread, but they are physical jokes that don't work if you aren't watching the person telling them. The great thing about them, is just like black jokes, you can change the race you are talking about and it is still just as funny.

One of my favorites came from a Mexican Warrant Officer that was in Jewish service with me and a battle buddy while I was in Basic. He and his wife had started converting to Judaism a year or so before, because of a history lesson he learned about his family. I don't remember all of it, but it had something to do with slavery and the Jews forcing these Latin/Spanish (I don't remember if this happened before or after Spaniards visited Latin countries) into the Jewish faith. Now most of these services were primarily everyone in the room talking about who had been discriminated against the most. Granted, their service was being held in a broom closet, but so were the other religions that only had a few people in service.

So this guy is crying. I'm trying to figure out why, when he finally blubbers out that someone told him that he killed Jesus. While everyone else was staring at him and being all consoling and understanding, I burst out laughing. I couldn't hold it in. I asked him how he could possibly be hurt over someone saying something so blatantly ridiculous. Then another guy started laughing, and said it was. Followed by another, and another, and another. Then the rabbi said it was kind of funny to get offended over something like that. Of course this pissed off the attention whoring warrant officer, but I enjoyed that more than his joke.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:35 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I tend to write novels when I post on topics like this. I'm also running on almost no sleep in 3 days, so I apologize if that is rambling, and/or parts of it don't clearly get my point across.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:29 AM
Platoon Sargent

Nah, I just envisioned some guy with one hand on his guts and the other pointing in the face of a crying man while Blahahaing. Then I laughed.
"I killed Jesus!", that's hilarious
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

as I said on said removed thread, I am White/Chicano and I do and will get offended by certian Mexican Jokes, and aren't we as a community "Tattooed people" who preach about individuality and acceptiance.....Racist jokes just let everyone else outside look at us as a whole and say "they haven't changed from the biker gangs and prisons" I belive we have, but things like that knock us down........if your a pitbull owner and your in public with your dog don't you watch what you say and do....so your not percived as a micheal vick.....but a responsible dog owner......same goes as a Tattoo site forum, people who have never been in a shop and see a tattooed person and get on the other side of the street who are curious and want to see if it's for them look at forums like this....
just Remember......
Glass houses sink ships hahahaha thats a f@#king joke

Tags
debate, jokes, racist