Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 07-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Recruit

Default Re: TLC to launch "Tattoo School" on July 14!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrayBono View Post
where's the usual peanut gallery screamin that people don't need apprenticeships and self taught scratchin is the best way to learn...because joe capo said so on youtube??
Wasn't it just one guy that kept going back to the youtube comment as his support for his argument? Pretty much saying all the best ones out there started from their homes.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

there was one guy whose entire argument was that specific video, but there have been 3-4 different guys the past few months who have been outright hostile to the prospect of traditional apprenticeship.

up till now its felt pretty lonely here in the pro-apprenticeship camp
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 PM
^This Guy^
Private

I could complain a bit about some of the crap i had to deal with in mine...

Can you believe I had to clean stuff up???
I mean what does that have to do with tattoos right?

Hahahaha
Seriously that show was horrific
Old 08-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Private

Default Re: TLC to launch "Tattoo School" on July 16!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooPadawan View Post
what is "Bad Tattoos"?Can you explain that

Last edited by kukass; 09-19-2011 at 03:41 AM..
Old 08-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatu Hustla View Post
For those of you who refused to watch the show I'll give you a recap.

"It's pretty much a bunch of people that are tired of their current jobs and had some weird epiphany that taking up tattooing was a good idea. The contestants this weeks aaaare:

A army stay-at-home wife/mom

A art teacher

A loser/poser that sounds exactly like Seth Rogan

A gay guy that needed nurturing and reassuring through out the WHOLE 2 week course.

It starts off with them doing one banana then diving straight into real skin. They go one at a time and do a simple tribal or solid type tattoo. I would have to guess and say that 90% of the ink is going to fall out or scab up badly on these tattoos.
The next day they are given a much bigger design to do. Pretty much an all day affair.
2 students(gay and army wife) doing a identical tribal-ish design on a gay couple. Lots of whining and self doubt from the Gay...Army wife actually works pretty good under pressure.

Art teacher gets a flower to do and is told to use lighter pressure on his stencil so his lines aren't so masculine and bold. He continues to do the same during his lining and ends up having to go over his lines multiple times.(Thanks Award winning instructor!)

Seth Rogan gets a forearm sized tiger and Tyrone the screaming crackhead as a client. You can pretty much guess how that one went.

After all the bad tattoos they are made to do a "Final Test/Tattoo"
Art teacher comes out on top with a native american tattoo. Either he's hired and/or this is scripted I just can't see how he can do what he did in 10 days. Army wife is a close second with a french girl(i think) color portrait. 3rd goes to Gay guy with a foot tat(don't remember the design) and Last is Seth Rogan with a horribly redesigned Grim Reaper(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8033923_n.jpg) that he tried to put on his friend's ribs but never finished.

It's like a horrible car crash. You just can't help but look.

At the end of the episode it pretty much sums up what we were all afraid of.

Art Teacher: got a lot of requests from people to do their tattoos..probably out of his kitchen.

Army wife: When her husband returned from Afghanistan she ended up tattooing all his friends..probably from her home.

Gay guy: Got an apprecticeship at a local shop. . . where they probably have to deprogram his $4800 education/bad habits. I hope he doesn't wear his "Tattoo Learning Center" T-shirt into the shop. haha

Seth Rogan: Went back to his old job but scored a tattoo machine from Ebay so he could finish his friend's jacked up rib tat.

Winner: No one..well maybe the people that only have to spend 40 bucks($200 all you can handle!!!) on a sleeve and a consolation prize of Hep B when they go to these people. *shaking my head*
That show was like a car accident with a train wreck. It blew my mind. I had to watch the final episode. That horrible rib piece that guy did and still managed to graduate.
Hey look at my certificate, I am a tattoo artists now.
Can I see some of your work?
Yeah look at my graduation piece...Where did you go...
Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 AM
^This Guy^
Private

HAHA
I got this in the mail today....

It is a letter speaking about the boycott of this show
That aired over a month ago........
Now here is the richest part
Isnt NATIONAL Tattoo supply one of the supply companies that sells direct to the public?
I had to prove my credentials and such to order from luckys, eikon, pulse, kinpin.. ect
Just thought this was kinda funny
anyone else get this letter?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Wow!

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 09-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Private

Talking Re: TLC to launch "Tattoo School" on July 16!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatdude View Post
Nicole how are you? I've been working hard on Boycott Tattoo School have a petition, fan page and getting press backing I would love you talk to Brandon about getting involved please let him know. Here are some links
Sign Petition www.ipetitions.com/petition/boycotttattooschool
Fan Page www.facebook.com/BoycottTattooSchoolcheap tattoo power supply
Event www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170440256357168
I like this word: Rookie students, models risking their skin to first time body artists, a rebellious instructor and unconventional training... go kids

Tags
july, launch, tattoo school, tlc