View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Private

Default Re: TLC to launch "Tattoo School" on July 16!?!?

I don't see it as an insight as to how tattoos work. I read the schools description and the show description and don't get that from it. You want to know how tattoos work ask an artist. I read a few books and studied up on tattoos and meaning and how they are done and how they progressed before I was even old enough to get a tattoo. I have sat and talked with artists. Hell, I used to do b1tc4 work in a shop in my spare time not as an apprentice but just so I could observe and learn stuff. I am not even sure what "how tattoos work" means. I mean the machines, the needles, the ink, the stenciling. What part of tattooing do you want to understand. I do not think a scratch artists 80 hours and your a tattooist school is going to give much insight. It will feed you a lot of BS. I know people that have had to apprentice for years before being full time artists because they didn't have a grasp on the aspects they needed. I know people that have apprenticed a little over a year and picked up because they spent all their time practicing and learning. You can't get anything in two weeks except maybe an infection. I don't mean to be a d!#k, so don't take it that way. And I am not a tattooist. I do like tattoos, I like the artwork, the dedication people put in. I want to get a tattoo the tribal way at some point. I think it would give me insight into "how tattoos work". I do not want to get a tattoo from someone that took an 80 hour course I don't care if they can draw a spawn comic in their sleep.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote