Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: BOMB superior tattoo supply to DEATH

i look at it like this... the equipment is only as good as the person using it. true that manufacturers should only sell it to people qualified to use it but we all know that that's not going to change, people are going to scratch and do things the wrong way even if people stop selling it to them, all they need to do is ban together and start up scratcher shops and any of the good companies that sell only to shops will sell to them, it's a losing battle unless the manufacturers start reviewing portfolios before selling equipment.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:23 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Cool Re: BOMB superior tattoo supply to DEATH

i totally agree with you, its just annoying. i know i am not the best at tattooing allthough i do everything in my power to learn and grow, but these scratchers just dont care, whether they are in a shop or a house, and being in a shop is some scary s&!t. but the more i think about it kickass suppliers like pulse also sell to anyone. i guess its up to us(real artists) to educate the public on scratchers whether in shops or not.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Private

Yeah Superior definitely sucks.i got a kit from them years ago that came in a briefcase...it just sucked.The whole kit was a bunch of trash.Its funny that none of the magazines have started to blackball Superior.The way i see it is that they're not trying to advance the art in any way,and as such are just trying to line their own pockets.I don't even think they care that people are taking their trash equipment right out of the box and doing horrible tattoos on people.In any case you get what you pay for,so,you may as well get the best possible set of gear.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Private

I have never had a problem ordering anything from anyone.

And having it delivered straight to my house (shop thieves are deep and sneaky).

Time machine, eternal, (not to give any away). I am by no means a scratcher. It’s just that from a phone line to a computer screen, it is almost impossible to tell what from what.

The real problem is scratcher marts in my area, (Sacramento 916). Small non tattoo shops selling gloves in pairs, thermo paper by the page, grommets in increments of 5 and so on. completely catering to all the local "tattoo a week" scratchers. They even sell needles one at a time, $1.00 a piece.

Even the one in town who actually supplies many local shops, this one store in particular sells needles cheaper than the online manufacturer for sheer buying power, still has a counter full of little full of one tattoo kit bull$&!t in it!!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:54 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Cool Re: BOMB superior tattoo supply to DEATH

thats just it, the fact that the mags do that is to make money to produce another mag. ita all about money, and whats crazy is that a lot of artists including myself strive to be in those mags for notoriety. its a crazy circle. but what we have to do is keep moving forward as artists, keep pushing the envolope, and i think the a.o.n. crew is one of the best shops and group of artists doing that. keep learning, knowledge is power bro.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Corporal

is it considered a hate crime to punch scratchers like 'pow!!!!!!!! right in the kisser!!!!!"?????? hehehehe!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Field Marshal

hahahah -

you guys just gave every potential scrather on earth the list of three sources of tattoo equipment to unliscenced artists.

hahahaha -

its cool everyone knows where to go anyways. just thought Id bust your chops a little.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:02 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

haha, yeah my bad. but that saying still goes, you can polish a piece of s&!t all you want but in the end, its still a piece of s&!t. i'll try to be a little less specific next time though. lol
Old 06-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
hahahah -

you guys just gave every potential scrather on earth the list of three sources of tattoo equipment to unliscenced artists.

hahahaha -

its cool everyone knows where to go anyways. just thought Id bust your chops a little.
very little in this business is a secret anymore. and asking companies to stop making money based upon ethics is never going to happen. when i was a teenager, there wasn't all of the suppliers there are today, we made throw away tattoo machines from hair dryer motors and grandmas sewing machine pedal. hahaha... kids today have it too easy.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Field Marshal

whats weird is i have seen some good artists using superior tattoo equip. aside from them being super wack, i have seen people on the convention circuit using their s&!t. J. carlton shaded my tattoo with a free "oj cam" machine. its in the user and tuning, not the machine. however...a machine set up and that will run well...cuts out a lot of the guess work if you arent sure exactly what makes a meachine do what...and i kinda fall between both those categories. ha

Tags
bomb, death, superior, supply, tattoo