Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 09-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Private

Default long sits?

What tips and tricks, do you know for long sits. To keep the client from quitting from the pain.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: long sits?

Entertainment for them, a good attitude from the artist sends good vibes, comfortable seating and positioning, be gentle and dab instead of wipe when possible . A well illustrated tattoo book or magazines may help. Music that the both of you can enjoy, learn a brief history about the bands, everyone loves a good story about who their ears are picking up in sound waves. And coversate with them often.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Corporal

Bactine and a fat LCD TV. BAm !
Old 09-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Private

sweet baby sweet! I like to wet my paper towel and use water not soap. Ill use green soap at the end for the final clean. I tattooed a pair of Nurses a few years ago, and they were on adavan, they did'nt know up from down,
Old 09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Corporal

I agree with Joe. Engaging the client in conversation makes the hours pass painlessly. I have heard of artists using Johnson & Johnson Band Aid Brand Hurt Free Antiseptic Wash on their wiping papertowel. I will give my clients an idea of how much time is left as they show signs of fatigue. Anyone will sit if they feel the tattoo will be finished in twenty minutes or less.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:02 AM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

boobies and reese cups.

Christopher McCandless
Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

Everything that Joe said it true,..and the Band Aid wash works great also ! It has 2% lidocaine in it.
Brion Norwalk used it on my neck at Hell City. Works great !
... ( y )
Old 09-28-2010, 04:53 AM
Corporal

I first ask them if they want to be left alone or talked to as not everyone copes with the pain the samd way. Then i respect their choice and act accordingly.

I also try to share my experiences (i have been tattooed in some nasty places by some nasty handed people. hi Sean ). It makes them feel better when i tell them i sit like s&!t and i too do nt like to get tattooed.

Its all mind tricks.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Corporal

Calmly reassuring them is a good idea. people get crazy ideas when they are in pain. keep them in a private area. no music they aren't into. video it the best. respect their decision to spend mad dough and take some pain.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm Bunking Off!
Corporal

Well I'm usually pretty good about sitting through the pain, but when I started work on my chest piece, it was really brutal - in fact, it's the first time I've tapped out before the artist was ready to stop.

However, Jarvis did a lot of things that helped overall - music + entertaining + making sure I was fine.

Tags
long, sits