Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 12-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Recruit

Default Some advice on my sleeve idea

I've got 3 tattoos right now. Left elbow I have a four leaf clover, right elbow I have a spider web and on my right forearm I have a skull and crossed pistons. I want to do something showing the "darker" side of life, bad luck, negative things, etc... The arm with the four leaf clover I want it to the the opposite.. Like the good and bad, but I'm going with the right arm first... I'm not the most creative person in the world so I'm having a little trouble. I don't want to just get a bunch of random crap that fits the theme. I have to like it.

I did want flames coming up my wrist, and that would end right where my skull and piston tattoo is... As far as placement goes that's about all I'm set on. I like the crow on a skull, and dead man's hand idea with maybe a banner above it that says "bad luck"... Or coming up with an idea on my recent break up with my girlfriend(yeah, I know boo hoo hoo right?) but maybe something showing being heart broken and loneliness.. Just anything will help get me more ideas on what I want to do.

Thanks.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Some advice on my sleeve idea

Why would you want a tattoo to remind you of a girlfriend that you are no longer with? Every time you look at it the rest of your life, hopefully you live a long and prosperous life but I would advise against doing such a thing. Let bygones be bygones.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Private

id say research some shops and check out their custom work once you settle on one artist go talk to them about what you like/dislike for ideas and they should be able to come up with something for you and if its not and you guys cant come up with something hopefully you might be able to find someone else who can help you and youll have at least given the other artist a sleeve idea for someone else too lol
Old 12-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Why would you want a tattoo to remind you of a girlfriend that you are no longer with? Every time you look at it the rest of your life, hopefully you live a long and prosperous life but I would advise against doing such a thing. Let bygones be bygones.
I see what you're saying, but it's not just about her. It's about how in some point in your life you will feel that way. My spider web tattoo. There's things I've been through and done that remind me of that every day, but I'm glad I still have it. Whether it's good or bad I still like to think back on my life.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:15 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I'd sit down and draw some things up with your artist. In my experience, tattoo artists tend to be into the darker stuff, so they've probably got some wicked ideas floating around in their heads that they have been waiting for the opportunity to use.

So my advice would be to find the right artist first. With the right artist, you can't go wrong.

Be sure to post pictures when it's finished.

Tags
advice, idea, sleeve