Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 06-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Really stupid or completely amazing idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterink View Post
i bag or barrier film EVERYTHING, so i see no point or changing the bands and nipples every time also.
Because there's no way to really prevent them from being contaminated. That and the fact that they're so cheap, I just don't understand not throwing them away. I'm nitpicking, I know, but it's just one of those things that bugs me.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
over simplifying

I do what i want!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Private

i agree man u can get bags of them things for dirt cheap. i get alot of sh** around here cause i toss them every tattoo and wipe the machines down good even when they at bagged up. a law suit cost alot more. lol but yea im anal about that stuff now days but cant ever get the paper towl thing to work for me as a nipple. i always cut way to big.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2edsoda View Post
but cant ever get the paper towl thing to work for me as a nipple. i always cut way to big.
bounty paper towel = fold over till its 5-6 plys thick, cut a 3/4 inch square. Then i kinda of push and mold it around the nipple on the armature bar, pop the needle on take some big strong scissors and trim the rest off after the needle is on not before. perfect everytime. If numbers are important to you use papertowel and watch them even out everytime. Your cps or htz which ever you pay attn. to, will go up an average of 10-15 when you use papertowel. Similar with duty cycle.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
bounty paper towel = fold over till its 5-6 plys thick, cut a 3/4 inch square. Then i kinda of push and mold it around the nipple on the armature bar, pop the needle on take some big strong scissors and trim the rest off after the needle is on not before. perfect everytime. If numbers are important to you use papertowel and watch them even out everytime. Your cps or htz which ever you pay attn. to, will go up an average of 10-15 when you use papertowel. Similar with duty cycle.
apply that with my new method and your tattoo machine will fly???

I do what i want!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Platoon Sargent

Okay, I decided to set up my machine the way you described and went by the picture provided. The front spring never separates from the contact screw, this is not good, there is never a break in the circuitry, It caused the duty cycle rise about 8 points but that is a false reading because a true reading would be 100% duty in a situation that I observed with the contact never being broken. The machine runs (chatters like crazy) but I would imagine it would get too hot after a few minutes of tattooing.
Maybe you have a different set-up on your machines and it works good for you but I couldn't tattoo with the results I experienced. If it works for you, by all means, continue doing it if you are experiencing better results.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Okay, I decided to set up my machine the way you described and went by the picture provided. The front spring never separates from the contact screw, this is not good, there is never a break in the circuitry, It caused the duty cycle rise about 8 points but that is a false reading because a true reading would be 100% duty in a situation that I observed with the contact never being broken. The machine runs (chatters like crazy) but I would imagine it would get too hot after a few minutes of tattooing.
Maybe you have a different set-up on your machines and it works good for you but I couldn't tattoo with the results I experienced. If it works for you, by all means, continue doing it if you are experiencing better results.
you have way, way, way, too much tension on it. like i said, it barely needs any tension at all on it, and it affects it drastically. i've set my machines to about as low as they'll go and then applied the rubber band, and it doesn't weaken the strength of the machine, affect the duty cycle, or decrease the gap between front spring and contact screw as it's running. all it does is speed it up a good little bit.

I do what i want!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

and wouldn't it be a 0% duty cycle reading? duty cycle is the % of time spent open on the downward throw if i'm not mistakin

I do what i want!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterink View Post
you have way, way, way, too much tension on it. like i said, it barely needs any tension at all on it, and it affects it drastically. i've set my machines to about as low as they'll go and then applied the rubber band, and it doesn't weaken the strength of the machine, affect the duty cycle, or decrease the gap between front spring and contact screw as it's running. all it does is speed it up a good little bit.
thicker front spring will do the same thing, and much more reliable......
Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
thicker front spring will do the same thing, and much more reliable......
holy wow......front spring can do nothing to immitate this.

I do what i want!!!

Tags
amazing, completely, idea, stupid