Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 05-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Same machines or a ton of them>>>

thats the basic principle in most machine tuning and maintenance books i own. given corect geometry, any machine can be rebuilt or tuned to run great, and how you want it. but it does take understanding of machine tuning... thats why i think its no better or worse to have for example green monsters that you tuned, or aaron cains with his parts that he tuned. some people just dont want to get into it. but a lot of machine "builders" deck their entire set up with eikon parts, so by default a green monster would be just as good.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Private

Thats correct, I have a bunch of junk machines that were turned into gold by my coworker "The First Man" he is amazing, He knows the mechanics of this tools in & out. I'm trying to get him to build his own machines he just needs some one to build the frames to his specs.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Platoon Sargent

Has anyone tried Kaco-machines?
Old 05-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Corporal

Partly for the history and partly because I thought they were cool looking frames I bought a set of Spider Webb machines --- holy crap do they run like SH!T!! The geometry was all wacked out I had to tear them down and re-build them just to make them usable. And so far I've only been successful with the liner, the shader still won't act properly.

So what do you guys think? Should I strip them down again and make them run properly, or should I put them back the way they came and keep them as memorabilia?

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111
Old 05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Platoon Sargent

I think Im gonna stay true to one brand I have a couple of custom machine builders machines I'd like to own but for the most part (when I start tattooing) I'm gonna buy 2 machines that are good quality machines and just use those for forever, or at least try to........
Old 05-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Corporal

if you wanna play around with it baltimore street irons sells the frame blanks and stuff. i think everyone should have to put together one of the soba kits from workhorse at least once just so you get an understanding of how they work.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Private

Three guys who don't have any kind of "day late, dollar short irons " thing going on around them are Karl Hedgepath, Jason Shroder and Korie Wilson. Legit tools for legit tattooers.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Platoon Sargent

my mentor wants me to purchase the blank green machine frame from eikon> but I will also try the suggestion of Horiharisu> cant hurt anyway, but ultimately, I think I'm gonna end up with some machines from the AL line of FK Irons and those are gonna be my all the time everyday machines, I like the look of them honestly..........but I see some Aaron Cain machines, and my personal favorite builder Dan Dringenberg machine I Love the style of his machines as well.....these machines are more than likely gonna be in my arsenal........
Old 05-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Corporal

do what your mentor says, you can grow into the rest. just listen and let him teach for now.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Platoon Sargent

gotcha

Tags
machines, them>>>, ton