Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Shop Announcements > General

Old 10-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Private

Default A huge Thank You from Sterling, the Devil's Rejects guy

High quality art is not always safe. In many instances, it takes huge risks and ignores the boundaries, rules and guidelines traditionally established. It will not beg for acceptance. In fact, it is more likely to explode from the seams of convention with absolute abandon and total disregard for previous standards.

Historically, it’s been common for members of the “elite” art microcosm to dismiss such art, referring to it as inferior, or to claim that it lacks technique. It’s true. Artistic groundbreakers are, in many instances, not met with open arms. Pablo Picasso’s artwork was ridiculed by his peers and critics. Andy Warhol was not taken seriously (at first) because he was known to create art commercially, and made a very comfortable life for himself doing so.

We can make a connection here. Negativity whips and swirls through the tattoo community when a fresh approach is born. When waves are made within the ocean of artists; you can smell the jealousy and hear the sneers all along the coast. You can listen to the rumors like a sea shell held to your ear.

It’s no secret that Brandon Bond’s name has been whispered into the wind on several occasions. Misguided tales can be heard about the man and his army of artists. You simply need to open your ears. But I suggest that you open your eyes. If you can’t see what is happening here; you need to get your vision checked because you may be going blind.

I very recently spent serious time at All or Nothing and A.N.T.I studio(s). This was not my first time and it won’t be my last. What I noticed was that, despite the controversial reputation these studios receive, from time to time, not a single artist was the least bit concerned. Do you want to know why? It’s because they are too busy tattooing and destroying all of the limits the tattoo world has tried to place upon them. They have not the desire, nor time to worry about such nonsense. Check the website daily and you will notice that the artists have updated their portfolios and the work is always top notch. In fact, in many instances it has won awards. Can you imagine? Tattoo artists that are not lazy, and are amazing as well.

No one told me to say this. No one paid me for the time it took to write this. It is quite the contrary, really. I just wanted to take the time to express my deep gratitude for the experience I’ve had. Brandon Bond is a mad genius. I am the lucky and immensely proud recipient of his creativity. I wear the Devil’s Rejects Sleeve. Take a good look at that artwork. Who else is creating art like that? It’s incredibly rare, in the tattoo world, to see art that powerful. Granted, there are some terrific artists out there and most of them are consistently playing it safe. The safe routes were never even mentioned during the creation of this piece.

Now, I’m not asking you to like what you see. I am not telling you to agree with what you see either. I could care less about that, and the same holds true for Brandon. Going back to what I said earlier, the art will survive despite the lack of popular acceptance. Positive or negative, say what you will. However, you must admit that when you see that piece, it rips emotion straight from your soul. You don’t just look at it and forget it. His artwork makes an impact on you. I don’t care who you are. Unless you need your vitals checked, it provokes a response. Whether you love it or hate it, whether it disgusts or disturbs you, it is going to hold your attention. It is going to make you feel.

I live through it daily. I watch people’s faces fall off and see their eyes explode. I put spoons in the mouths of onlookers while they have seizures and I ignore the idiotic and judgmental comments, for the most part, at least. His art is powerful and never average.

It has been a week since our last session and my arm is healing quickly and perfectly. I sat for 21 hrs in two days and my arm is nearly healed already. Are you catching on here? When you go to the Anti and/or All or Nothing Studio(s) you are not only guaranteed the finest art by the finest artists, but you will also benefit from the technical skill and knowledge of the artists there. You are going to be treated the way you expect to be treated and not like just some asshole who has money in their pocket. The overall experience will match the shiny dope ink on your skin.

I want to sincerely thank everyone at All or Nothing for my entire experience. From the moment I was picked up, to the time I was dropped off, I was treated with the utmost respect and kindness by everyone. Everything was taken care of for me. The only thing I had to focus on was receiving my tattoo; and let me tell you, the art work on my skin is phenomenal!

Thank you John and Matt for carting my plasma oozing body all over the place, providing me with food and for keeping me entertained. I would also like to thank Ali, Sean and Nate for giving me a really good deal on T-shirts, stickers and cards. I have girls asking to borrow my Sean Herman shirt already, and in fact, I am wearing that super dope Nate Beavers T-shirt as I type this. That shirt got me laid by the way. Thank you! Also, it was a pleasure meeting and hanging out with Josh, Tim, Roman, Bucktooth Timmy, and the Super Sly Lenny Renken (voted sexiest artist 2006). Let me tell you people, the pictures in their portfolios DO NOT do their tattoos justice. You have to see them in person. Thank you Max for taking pictures at 3:00 am, they came out awesome! Dave MF Tedder, it was cool seeing you again and your tattoos keep getting more and more amazing. Lastly, Joe, thank you for the sweet tribal ideas you gave me. I want you to do my girlfriend’s backpiece. You all totally kick ass! I had an amazing time.

Mr. Brandon Bond, You are probably sick of hearing me say it, but THANK YOU so so much. I had a blast! The tranquil setting and luxurious accommodations keep me going. Thank you to the turtles, koi fish and waterfalls for helping me maintain. If you think that s&!t doesn’t make a difference, f@#k You! Try getting tattooed for 21 hrs in 2 days without it. Taking breaks in the indoor sanctuary kept me sane. Thank you to Kane also. His presence was therapeutic. I owe that mofo a bone. Also, thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Brandon Bond DVD collection. The endless entertainment kept me occupied and provided enough noise to drown out the demons in Brandon’s head that were tempting him to kill me. Above all thank you for the sickest sleeve I could not even imagine. Much Love.Thank You. You are the best.

Sterling

Ps. If you need more convincing or motivation, my tattoos have gotten me laid too.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Smooth Operator
Field Marshal

Wow.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:14 PM
resident retard
Field Marshal

what is this laid thing you are talking about?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Smooth Operator
Field Marshal

yeah no s&!t, i was giong to ask myself.. but i knew someone else would. but i thought it was going to be sean asking what laid was.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Private

Awesome art is what these folks are doing at All or Nothing. Wear that sleve with pride and the hell with what others think. Brandon should be done with my sleve in the next trip or maybe two.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Platoon Sargent

i love you sterling.
your the man
Old 10-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Field Marshal

write up of the YEAR award goes to......

STERLING

I love you man.

without badass clients and friends, we really wouldnt have anything would we.

Thats a f*kin amazing sumary of our time together. And YES it got him Laid I heard the stories over the demons in my head telling me to kill him

seriously thank you.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:53 AM
Corporal

Well said!

And Brandon, I think you now have the intro to your next book!
Old 10-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Field Marshal

word up!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Private

even though we only had a brief meeting, i really enjoyed talking with you. your excitement and passion is contagious. everyone here at All or Nothing loves you bro. you're awesome and deserve to wear that sleeve with undaunted pride!
www.brandonbond.com
www.myspace.com/brandonbond
www.myspace.com/atlantatattoo
Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.

Tags
devil, guy, huge, rejects, sterling