Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Tattoos correcting medical problems

Well, sometimes, knowledge of certain things is lost or discarded through the ages...anyone remember that caveman they found frozen in the Alps in Austria? Otzi or sumthin they named him? he had acupuncture like tattooing on certain areas of his body, that they determined served no ritual or tribal use, and an acupuncturist poointed out to the scientists that they were over nerve centers for backpain etc, so maybe shes onto something?!?!

I think my name would look awesome with PHDT or Dr.T. behind it on the wall of my office!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Private

LOL... I think to have those titles you still have to have a degree for it. However, Im hoping that something will come of this and it will help stop discrimination.
But wouldnt it be something if doctors started referring people to you? Could you get paid by health insurance companies then?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:05 PM
MagicOPromotion

Default Tattoos correcting medical problems

In my opinion you are not right.
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicOPromotion View Post
In my opinion you are not right.
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===
I would have to say I am with this guy, its sounds great and all, and not bashing you but this sounds like give me attention pls. I am a Veteran also so not to bash that but I don't think any VA or Army doctor would say such a thing, I worked for plenty when I was in, and the acupuncture part sounds right and there's evidence of it healing pains. It just sound way to far fetched and the last thing some Tattooist needs is a healing gimmick or to bill an insurance co for a tattoo.

Logic states PAIN CAUSED BY TATTOO, INCRESSES HE WHITE BLOOD CELLS "healers" AND "pain relievers" ENDORPHINES AND DOPEMINE IN THE SYSTEME which explains some of it. But sorry sounds like BS and I am surprised by the amount buying it! SEMPER FI
Old 05-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Private

Well you are entitled to your opinion. Im sorry you felt the need to come here and try to tell me what Im experiencing is BS. I didnt ask for anyone to be rude or to 'buy' what I was saying... I was only asking if others had experienced or heard of anything similar.
As for the billing of the insurance company... it was a joke. Sorry you couldnt understand that.

Thats great that you are a veteran and thanks for your service, however unless you have spoken with my doctors you sure wouldnt know what they would or would not say.
Not all doctors believe only what medical books tell them.... if they did there would be no advances in the medical field.
But if you choose to be narrow minded and judge those you do not know...then go for it.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Corporal

Siding with the 6 post wonder who is only here to 'bot' the forums is kinda funny too LOL {look up magico's posts and click the link in his signature}

Thank you both for your service.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmariani View Post
Well you are entitled to your opinion. Im sorry you felt the need to come here and try to tell me what Im experiencing is BS. I didnt ask for anyone to be rude or to 'buy' what I was saying... I was only asking if others had experienced or heard of anything similar.
As for the billing of the insurance company... it was a joke. Sorry you couldnt understand that.

Thats great that you are a veteran and thanks for your service, however unless you have spoken with my doctors you sure wouldnt know what they would or would not say.
Not all doctors believe only what medical books tell them.... if they did there would be no advances in the medical field.
But if you choose to be narrow minded and judge those you do not know...then go for it.
Im sorry if you think I am Bashing you but as i said I am not buying it, sry if you got butt hurt, If you were i the Military or been on this site long enough you should know that giving you s&!t is done outta of love. good for you!!!!! but when you post something like that and don't expect to be ragged on a little your in your own little world.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarT View Post
Well, sometimes, knowledge of certain things is lost or discarded through the ages...anyone remember that caveman they found frozen in the Alps in Austria? Otzi or sumthin they named him? he had acupuncture like tattooing on certain areas of his body, that they determined served no ritual or tribal use, and an acupuncturist poointed out to the scientists that they were over nerve centers for backpain etc, so maybe shes onto something?!?!

I think my name would look awesome with PHDT or Dr.T. behind it on the wall of my office!
yeah, they cabon dated the remains to be over 5500 years old, i would say that is physical evidence that tattooing and doctoring are the oldest professions. find me a 5500 year old dead hooker and i'll say prostitution is the oldest profession. hahahahaaha.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Field Marshal

I don't Know about you but Sex makes me feel better then a doctor or tattoo. LOL and what would you pay a hooker with 5500 years ago? BONES!!! LMAO

Tags
correcting, medical, problems, tattoos