Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Dave MF Tedder backpiece is finally up!

Thanks for your comments all!

Rockstar: Yes, definitely we should try to make some plans....Topshelf has my cell phone number, but if he doesn't remember it, let me know and I will send it to you both.

http://www.inkednation.com/parabellum9x19
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Private

Very, Very Nice! Just makes me wish September would hurry up and get here so I can get started on my backpiece from Dave.

Thanks so much for sharing. Just adds to the excitement.
Paul
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Platoon Sargent

Ok, sorry guys, but I have to rant here where its a friendly environment.

I put this up on InkedNation, in a moment of stupidity I guess.

IT IS LITERALLY GETTING DESTROYED. Everyone except a *few* people are ripping it up.

I am not joking....some of the comments include:

"That is not a Dave Tedder piece."

"Shading is horrible"

"You caught Dave on a BAD day"

"If Dave's name weren't in this thread, it would be torn apart SO much worse."

etc....

Now, frankly I couldn't give a **** what those idiots think...but I simply can't understand what is going on????

Everyone who has seen it in person has loved it. I mean everyone. Everyone on this forum has said good things about it. I LOVE IT. ...I just can't figure out why it is literally getting s##t on on IN????

At the convention, I had people pulling me aside about every 5 minutes telling me that it was one of the most beautiful tattoos they had ever seen. I mean...they had no reason to say that except because they really loved it....so I know it kicks ass and I know people in general really loved it.

Can someone help me out? Is this a case of people just hating on something because its the internet?

Or has everyone who saw it in person just been lying to my face?

Be honest...I can take it....what the heck is going on?????

The strangest part to me, is that I love it. I couldn't be happier....yet nearly everyone on IN seems to think it is literally Dave's worst tattoo ever.

Help me out...help me understand WTF is happening.

Be honest, please.

Last edited by parabellum; 08-07-2007 at 12:47 PM..
Old 08-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Platoon Sargent

P.s. - The only reason I put it up was because it has gotten such an awesome reaction from everyone who has seen it, and now there is nothing I can do...its like some horrible snowball just attracting more and more haters...and now it may bring Dave some bad reviews and that is the OPPOSITE of my intention and I feel horrible about that part.

I wish I could roll back the clock, and just never put it up.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Corporal

Chris, I wouldnt listen to a single negative comment. Some people cruise the nation all day looking for something to b*tch about. The piece is awesome, those with the negative comments are haters or jealous that they didnt give their money to Dave and get this work done. I wouldnt sweat it another minute!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiredgun View Post
My nut never made it up either..
You know, they have surgury now to fix that
lol...
Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Platoon Sargent

Yeah....Mr. Chen you are probably right on the money.

I guess I was just shocked...the reaction was so positive that I was sure it was going to be the same on IN, but I forgot that people are often full of it when they post online, and the internet-ego game is clearly always a factor.

I mean...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece and if I could go back in time, there is not a single thing I would have asked Dave to do differently.

So you are right...screw the haters and their opinions.

I asked my fiancee about it, and she gave me some of the best advice I have ever gotten:

"He didn't do something scary, dark or creepy. You said you thought of it as a tribute to the Japanese women in your family-- of *course* idiots who can't even type out a sentence aren't going to get something that deep!! Take a look at what those who are giving it bad ratings are into-- this just isn't it!"

and...

"The truth is some of these guys may have valid opinions, but for the most part they just want to sound like they have impeccable taste."

She is the greatest woman ever...I'm a lucky guy.

And I'm also really glad I have you all as my AON family to talk with, and get feedback from...it is really great to know that even if you guys don't live anywhere near me....there are some like minded people out there who are looking for the same things.

THANKS.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Corporal

chris, like what was said, I wouldnt pay a single bit of attention to the guys on IN, for the most part it is full of assholes and people just jealous of good work. I dont even need to see it in person to know that the tattoo is awesome, what i see going on over there is exactly the reason why I would never post any pics of anything I have tattooed on me, even if its award winning stuff, theres just too many s&!t talkers on the internet.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
what i see going on over there is exactly the reason why I would never post any pics of anything I have tattooed on me, even if its award winning stuff, theres just too many s&!t talkers on the internet.
You are right. For a long time I had no interest in posting anything up there....but then the other day, I was thinking: "Hey, everyone loves this piece...why not share the love?".

All I can say is that I was in an altered state of mind...cough....and it seemed like a good idea then.

Now I'm remembering why I never wanted to post stuff in the first place...lol...

Oh well...you live and you learn!

:-)

Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Corporal

Realize this…when you reach a level that is far beyond the majority, regardless if it is tattoos, art, business, sports or whatever… the level of envy, jealously and contempt rises to meet the pinnacle to which you have attained your success.

Simply put … the higher you get in your profession and success, the more s&!t that is left below you!

Tags
backpiece, dave, finally, tedder