Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-20-2009, 02:20 AM
Corporal

Default Re: Post your work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royuno View Post
I don't do much Japanese work, so I figured you guys can help me out on what I can improve on. Thanks ahead of time!

I like this piece. I like the way the tree is shaded and colored but an outline around it might of helped. The feathers look really good as well. I'm not crazy about the back ground which should be just that, the background. I like when there is a clear definition of foreground and background. The background should not only muralize the piece but make the foreground pop!
Japanese tattooing is alot different then american tattooing. The more I learned about japanese tattooing the more I realized I was doing it all wrong. Every part of the japanese tattoo has meaning and it has to go with the main image. Certain leaves would apply for koi fish swimming up stream. If this happens in spring time then only spring time flowers would be used.
I'm not gonna say what time of year and/or what flowers are used. That's where you have to do your own homework.
A fellow tattooer once told me that thousands of american tattooers do japanese style tattoos but only about 5 in the whole country are doing it right!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Platoon Sargent

[QUOTE=Deran;42582]
[/QUOTE
that detail inside the cross is too small and will eventually blur out.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royuno View Post

i dont like how the background goes over the foreground in a couple places, but, i still think its a sweet tattoo. and everything else i have seen you post here is super nice.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Private

I did this one last night for practice on a non paying customer, really not sure what I did wrong but I'm not satisfied with it at all...Also is everyone here hosting the pics from myspace? for some reason when i upload to myspace my pics lose about 20-30% sharpness...

Last edited by monkey-spoon; 05-20-2009 at 01:12 PM..
Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Private

i think if you take a little more time and tighten it up a little youd see a world of difference. how big was this and what groupings were used? needs more black...more black would pop off the color areas rather than everything having roughly the same tone.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Private

i used a thirteen weave and its about 6 inches tall. I just ordered some nines, should be getting those any day now...When its all healed I'm gonna get back on it with a nine and add more black, now I see what needs done, especially around the top, where the hood meets the face, thanks for your help
Old 05-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Corporal

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=41956913

One more session on this, the left boot has no shadow the medal needs to be shaded, and some tightening up here and there.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=41956966

Need to touch this one up, hes a welder and the blue got messed up really bad at work, when its done healin a bit more im gonna do the blue again.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Corporal

Unhappy Re: Post your work!!!!

</sad face> I thought the pics were gonna show up, I'll try and repost later when I gots more time.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Private

Tags
post, work