Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 12-11-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Solutions...

Bond, what size are the coils on your Solutions, wrap wise? And vaguely, what do you use each for?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Private

checktheother posts,some ofthemhave namesnothing to dowith pulse but there is alot of stuff tot dod with solutions etc, he uses 10 wrap only apparantly and says he usually runs 2 a 9 mag and an 11 mag, then he liner.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Private

oh shi!all the old posts were erased but i thiought yu were here before the site got changed? but in thre pastposts he said he never runs more than an 11 and usually runs a 9 +11 =9 for detail and 11 for fillbutthe 11 for both if in a hurry. i only replying cos it normally takes a while to get a reply here and if you need info to decide what order to place then there it is,ayway u should just ask jessica when you ring, she'll tell you what he uses.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Private

Actually I think Bond runs a 9 and a 13. the 11 is if it's an in between thing. There was a post bwhere he said he uses a 9 for "color Saturation" and 13 for B&G.

Personally I usually set up a 7 and an 11 and use 9's for the in between stuff. I also like to set up a loose round to tighten things up as well.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Field Marshal

9 for color
13 for black and grey

9 hard 13 soft

more needles means a wavier lighter tone for me.

dave tedder colors with a 13 though????
Old 12-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Corporal

Default mags

hey,I have used smaller mags and mostly rounds as i continue to improve everyday,but with the larger mags do you all prefer [weaved]-[stacked]-[bullet]or[taper] if you dont mind me asking.This is a good time for me to ask because im at the point where i have the tribal and lettering down,now im moving into the color. carefully - thanx
Old 12-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Private

most of these guys, joe capo, guy aitch, brandon,say that theyve never used stacked mags, only weaved,i think brandon uses the pulse ones,

ive tried the pulse stacked and like em but really theyre nowhere near asgood as the weaved mags, if you think about it cos a mags odd needles are weaved up there is alot of space vertically and horizontaly between needles but with a stack
the needles arent just close like say in a round, theyre wedged in next to each other, saying thatr ive had really good experiences with the pulse 7 stacked mags and know that bill baker uses them, read the www.machinegunmagazine.com online feature.

but yeah, the needles are too dense and people reckon that it makes them twice as likely to chop someone up with, ive shaded a whole side of a calf with a seven stack and it came out well but i would still try the 5 weaved or 7 weaved,
dont go too big, im just going back to trying 9s after going fromn weaved 11's to the stacked, i even bought a box of 7's 9's & 13 stacks which i think arent gonna get much usage now ive grown fond of the 9 weave again.

all you gotta remember is that they are 2 totally different needles, whichj sholud even have different names .maybe they should call em super flats as mags(weaved) are on theyre own, definately not the same as just having two layers of flat needles.
i alsofound that when starting on mags you can do a bigger area quicker with a smaller mag , the big ones seemed to pump no colour and chop up the skin, but when accostomed to the mag thing jumping up a needle size makes a huge difference in speed but if you cant use them itll put u off mags all together so keep the size low a`7 tops. i pretty much stopped using mags altogether and went back to using an 8 round exclusively but as i said a weaved mag is more than just 2 groups of flats on top of each other i bought paolin bslack eagle jig and can make 35 weaved masgs inno time.

oh brandon, whats this whole 100 magsthing by joshua carlton, whats it allabout, what does he use them for?

i also watched that TAM footage of your backpiece today,its pretty good huh. all the tatson those porchops vids look s&!t cos of the camera quality, the TAM aint much better., but its good to see those pics of your back in the mag itself.
i tried putting one of those thin 8-bars on my executive today to make it faster, it does make a big difference, what makes you like the slowness of the executive. if you were to go by bill bakers reccomendations for machine speed(cycles per second-htz) the execytive would be as slow or slower than his colouing machines which is the slowest, but i like the executive the way it is but was interensted to try speeding it up just to see, i know pulse does a cutback which is faster but what makes you like the way that the executive is so slow, and hey on the porchops vid i saw u used to use a next generation eclipse liner which sounded alot faster than the executive, is the reason cos you can afford to go much slower with your line work or cos you get to build your lines up.
and happy chimbo CHIEF.DAN SWANSEA WALES.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Corporal

Default mags

holly-molly thanks Dan,that sums up a whole lot of what my mind has been bouncing around.I really appreciate the info.I also stepped up to larger needle groupings an have some that are gonna collect dust.The five mag and eight round have been what i have beed running alot of,i agree the five mags are fast.The larger groups, you better have some time and experience under your belt,from what i have found out for myself.I have even used the fourteen round and put them back up cause im fine and just as fast with an eight.Less skin damage,i have found pulse to supply the best ones so far as far as needles in rounds.thanx again-Lets see what Bond thinks

Tags
solutions