Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Field Marshal

Exclamation Pierce your PITBULLS EARS! FREE!

just f@#king with you.

but look at this: http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/vet...trial-1.593251

Woman on trial for selling 'gothic kittens'

WILKES-BARRE - Holly Crawford pierced the ears and necks of cats, bobbed their tails and sold "gothic kittens" online - acts that amount to torture, forensic veterinarian Dr. Melinda Merck said as the prosecution's lead witness in a rare type of animal cruelty trial that began Tuesday.

Dr. Merck's testimony highlighted the first day of a trial in which Luzerne County Deputy District Attorney David Pedri said in his opening statement that Ms. Crawford maimed and inflicted pain upon three black kittens because "she thought it was neat" to sell gothic kittens on eBay. He used for support Dr. Merck's testimony that the practice caused "excruciating pain."

Ms. Crawford's attorneys scoffed at the idea, citing veterinarian Donald Sankey's testimony the felines were in "pretty good health" when he treated them Dec. 17, 2008, and that Dr. Merck never examined the cats.

"I don't know how they're going to prove that, because nobody can speak for a cat," defense attorney John Pike said. "It's all speculation."

But armed with its star witness, Dr. Merck, the prosecution spent a full day of the case first brought to authorities by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals trying to show what the kittens felt when their ears and necks were pierced. Testimony dealt with the pain authorities said they endured when bands were tied so tightly around their tails it caused them to fall off.

Dr. Merck, who has earned national acclaim for her work on NFL quarterback Michael Vick's dog-fighting case, said piercing the kittens' necks produced a feeling of submission that would linger with the silver metal jewelry. Mother cats pick up their young from the scruff of the neck, she said, because pressure on the sensitive nerves there leads to submissive action.

"No matter what they tried, they could not escape from this," Dr. Merck said. "It would make them feel as if they were constantly being bitten."

Dr. Merck has spent almost 22 years as a veterinarian, 17 specifically treating cats. She's never seen pierced ears in cats, she said, and knows of about six tail-docking procedures. Those were done for medical, not aesthetic, reasons, she said.

Though humane officer Carol Morrison said she saw redness near the piercing sites, there was no sign of infection, according to Dr. Sankey's medical report. The kittens had normal temperatures and were bright, alert and responsive, Dr. Sankey testified.

Prosecutors called five witnesses and delved into new areas of animal cruelty law before resting their case Tuesday afternoon. Pennsylvania's animal cruelty law forbids animal fighting and curtails the amount the time animals spend in labor, but says nothing about treatment as specific as piercing cats' ears or docking their tails.

That has complicated matters for both sides as prosecutors and defense attorneys wrangle over whether this case constitutes animal cruelty and work to define the crime for the jury.

The case began in winter 2008 when authorities acted on a tip from PETA about an eBay advertisement for "gothic kittens." Ms. Morrison on Dec. 17, 2008, took five kittens from Ms. Crawford's home at 71 Dobson Road, Ross Twp., charging her with cruelty to animals. Three kittens had pierced ears; one's tail had been docked, and one had a band around its tail, which was later amputated.

Ms. Crawford sat quietly in the courtroom Tuesday, taking notes or turning to speak briefly with family during breaks. "God, I'm so tired," she told her mother when testimony finished.

The trial continues this morning.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/vet...trial-1.593251
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Topshelftattoo

Default Re: We will give your animals body piercing! half off!!!

haha dumb people
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Private

man what would make people think that s&!t would be acceptable, im also hearing about tattooed Siamese cats for sell
Old 02-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Field Marshal

hahaha yeah people.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:36 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I was hoping this was going to be like the Bonsai Kitten thing.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Field Marshal

hahahah yeah
Old 02-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

some People are so f@#ked in the head, I actually feel sorry for this lady cause she oblivious, "Crazy"
Old 02-09-2010, 03:48 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

2 years of wasted tax payer money BTW, and can't find a law??? WTF?? sad but i see this lady getting a slap on the wrist, at least the cats didn't die! but I think the whole tail thing goes with there Balance so they just might go throught 9 lives a little faster
Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Pierce your PITBULLS EARS! FREE!

I don't like the idea of her using the "goth" theme as a selling point for these animals. I know people with their pets ears pierced and they love them like no other but this lady is a piece of s&!t that is going to get a slap on the wrist because the laws aren't on the books at the time of the filing of the case.
I had a tattoo magazine from the mid 90's that had a chihuahua with flames tattooed down both sides of it's torso. I always wondered how they achieved that without the animal biting them 10,000 times. You ever seen a pissed off chihuahua and how many bites they can get in per second?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Corporal

Arrow Re: Pierce your PITBULLS EARS! FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I don't like the idea of her using the "goth" theme as a selling point for these animals. I know people with their pets ears pierced and they love them like no other but this lady is a piece of s&!t that is going to get a slap on the wrist because the laws aren't on the books at the time of the filing of the case.
I had a tattoo magazine from the mid 90's that had a chihuahua with flames tattooed down both sides of it's torso. I always wondered how they achieved that without the animal biting them 10,000 times. You ever seen a pissed off chihuahua and how many bites they can get in per second?
Yes! We have one Chihuahua
& one Chihuahua/Fiest mix.
And a cat. I have to say the cat is more vicious!
I can't believe the cats didn't claw her eyes out!
Stupid people...

http://www.myspace.com/curedusk

Tags
ears, free, pierce, pitbulls