Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Craig Harris
Corporal

Default Re: We need help to help stop /regulate the sale of tattoo equipment to non professio

Ok its been a longtime coming but now there has been some action and things are begining to look up, check out the link

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-sto...lly-dangerous/
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Corporal

Default Re: We need help to help stop /regulate the sale of tattoo equipment to non professio

never going to happen. suppliers need cashflow.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

Never going to happen? Read the link bro, It DID happen.

The whole point was a large ammount of professional tattooists in New Zealand such like myself were pushing to stop ' www.trademe.co.nz ' selling "tattoo kits" ( which is a New Zealand and Austrailian site like ebay ) And with them now having pulled all kits and ink from the site means the scratcher issue will be starting to help the ease of them getting inks and kits.

But if they decided to go straight to overseas suppliers they`ll still be able to get what they need but this is still a small step to prevent further sales of tattoo equipment to non professionals.

Some suppilers stay true and only sell to professional studios, but there are many that`ll sell to the public.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

there are some big companies that sell to anybody here in the states, like superior and spaulding etc... i have said this before 1000 times, you have to educate the public on what to look for in a safe studio. thats the only way to get people to use their heads when looking for an artist. i agree that making it harder to get s&!t to tattoo is a step in the right direction, but here in the states there are just too many places to go and get s&!tty equipment.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 10-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Corporal

Yea, I wasn't trying to be a d**k. But what TOM said. It is more about education. If every 15 year old knew they could get HIV or HEP and die from a home tattoo it would help. Enforcing who sells what would be hard. There really are limited standards on what a pro-tattooer is. I mean so many "pros" don't even work in shops right now.

Education
Old 10-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

Thats ok Los i do know where you guys are coming from. Since the last post i have now been told there is going to be a show called "target" on tattooists in New Zealand. They pretty much go in with hidden cameras posing as a client and point out to the general public afterwards all the things the studios in the program are doing right or wrong and also a feature on the chinese ink and machines and how dangerous tattooing can be in the wrong hands and environment.

But yeah once the media has shown all the good and the bad the scratchers will loose a bit of bussiness...........hopefully

Tags
equipment, or regulate, professionals, sale, stop, tattoo