Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Recruit

Default Trying to find a great puppy a good home

**UPDATE**
I found her a home this morning to the last persons I'd thought would want her.
My parents came from Florida to visit and took her with them. Their dog died a few months ago and he fell in love with her as soon as they saw her, so she will be in the family after all. Now she will be "chillin" poolside in Florida for a long time to come. Thanks for all the responses.

This is "Cheerio" a 3 month, (or so) pit bull puppy.
She was given to me by a client of mine who was moving and couldnt take her with her and claims she paid $600 for her.
I took her in knowing that the move was imminent and the dog would have ended up in the pound, but also knowing that where I live pit bulls are grounds for immediate eviction. Now, I wouldnt mind moving, but times are tough and I just can't afford that right now.

She is very needy. She will follow you and lay by your feet wherever you go. I can't even get up in the middle of the night without her following me even into the bathroom.
She takes showers with me and is not afraid of the water. She has a great predisposition for learning. As a matter of fact, it even seems like she tries very hard to pay attention and learn what you are saying. Now if I could only make her stop gnawing on my socks.

This puppy is free to a good home as could never profit from her. She will have to be picked up in Duluth, GA, or, if you live in the Atlanta area I can drive her to you.

Someone sent me this address from a Craigslist ad I had placed and I figured I'd give it a shot.

The only thing I ask is that I get updated on her every now and then.

Last edited by gesellman; 05-25-2009 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Found her a home...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:03 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: Trying to find a great puppy a good home

I'll talk to my wife tonight. My brother has been wanting another puppy and since the dog we were fostering has gone back to his family, Kale has been lonely. He could use a friend his own size to play with.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Recruit

**HOME NEEDED**
Atlanta•Roswell•Marietta Area

This is a Pit mix we found on Labor Day at a rural Jasper,TN gas station who with another dog had been starved and left for dead. Their owner, or someone, had pulled into the lot early in the morning and dumped them. The other dog was a Chow mix. They'd been there all day and were cooking in the heat. It was a sad sight.

Being Labor Day, no shelters were open (Marion County, where they were found has no animal control/humane services anyway) so we loaded them up and brought them back to Marietta with us.

After a day of rest, food, water, and some cleaning up, I took both to the Cobb shelter. They took the Chow mix and said that she was going to be easy to get adopted out. They could not say the same about the Pit mix. Her being all black, very submissive, and a Pit mix would steer people away they said. I loaded her back up and brought her home again. Now her name is Poppy.

As it is now, we already have 2 dogs (catahoula/heeler mix and an Olde English Bully) and 5 cats. The Bully is pretty dominant and big, so we've kept them separated. The mutt is more easy going and has had some supervised interaction with Poppy and nothing crazy happened. She also seems rather oblivious to the cats, although their contact has been limited as well.

She's had a rough life. She has little scars on her snout to show for it. Her rear right leg also appears to have been broken at one time and never treated and she has a hard time sitting normally, so she flops down. She's very comfortable in a dog crate. Never barks or cries, but does howl at sirens. She's not been spayed yet, but needs to be healthier before that gets done. She also isn't food aggressive towards humans, but gets nervous if the other dog gets near her food. I really don't think she's ever played or had any real human companionship. Inside was a whole new experience for her. She's got tons of potential and we've been showing her lots of love. She's come a long way in just the 8 Days we've had her.

All that being said, we can't keep her on long term. She needs a good home with someone familiar with rehab for dogs or a good rescue. A place that can help her be all the dog she can be.

PM me if you can help in any way.

Thanks.
m. hrabovsky
Old 09-18-2009, 07:51 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I'll ask around.

Tags
find, good, great, home, puppy