Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Private

Default Re: Tattoos correcting medical problems

Wow thats really amazing! Maybe get a full sleeve? heh, as everyone else said keep some updates coming, and good luck with recovery!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Private

My doctor said something similar until I told him that I had no feeling until I was getting tattooed and have kept a little feeling since then. He said if I get more feeling in my fingers and hand during the next tattoo session then it is definitely the tattoo helping the nerves.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:49 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

So when is your next session?
Old 05-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Professional Ass Hat
Corporal

Location: Dawsonville: Where men are men and livestock are nervous.

I wonder....If you didn't want a full sleeve could you just have the tattoo machine run on your arm without ink?
Old 05-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Private

So we werent able to to get started until Thursday, but good news... I am getting more feeling in my fingers (I have a kind of constant ache, but its the most feeling Ive had in years) and I havent had tremors in my hand in a few days (which is freakin awesome!)
There was one spot that made my hand go crazy for a few seconds and after that I had a constant tingling in my fingernails.
I know it all probably sounds wierd... but Im definitely excited about it. I go back in a few weeks (my husband is deploying soon so all our moolah is going to buying him more gear) so Im definitely looking forward to seeing if it keeps up.

I was planning on only a 3/4 sleeve but we are talking about going ahead and going for a full sleeve. we'll see.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Field Marshal

That is awesome! Have you had a chance to tell your doctor yet?

Definitely go with the full sleeve. You know deep down it's what you really want.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:12 AM
Private

I called Friday and he said to call again this Thursday and let him know the progress throughout the week. He said that he cant believe how much my nerves are responding and that hes going to start recommending tattoos to his patients before recommending surgery. lol

haha... I know... I do kinda want to just do a full sleeve.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Field Marshal

Maybe you can be the first of many in a study of tattoos on damaged nerves! Shops may have to start stocking up on clear ink, for the people that are scared or/against having artwork on their body.

I'm going crazy just thinking about my sleeve, and it is still months away. I have to wait until next month before I can even schedule an appointment with Dave Tedder and Chris Vennekamp, and then there is no telling how long I will have to wait before actually starting it.

I was going to go for a 3/4, but then figured I'd go for the full sleeve, and now if they want to take it onto my back and/or chest, I'm all for it!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Private

Im keeping a journal of the progress just in case I need it in the future. I think it would be pretty sweet if I got paid for it ...haha.

I already have quite a bit on my back, but as soon as he finishes my sleeve I want him to start on my ribs and finish my back. I dont know exactly what everything will look like... I just tell him the idea of what I want and let him do what he wants.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Private

hahaha wow this is awesome, so...soon tattooist can be recognized as doctors?! oh s&!t! i must build my portfolio quicker!! gah!

Tags
correcting, medical, problems, tattoos