Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 09-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Recruit

Thumbs up Re: hawk tattoo machine

i've been using the hawk for about a month now and its the best investment in the advancement of my career that i made yet. this machine system can't be beat after a very short learning curve you won't want to put it down. the customers love it say it hurts less and they sit better and longer and heal time is quicker and skin is less traumatized. the cost of the needles is a real downer but its worth (raise your rates to cover the cost)
bill @ northern lights tattoos
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Recruit

Default Re: hawk tattoo machine

Ya, Im not sure about these either.Overhead sounds crazy,$50 for 10..WTF
And I tried the Stealth rotarys,Thier very dipappointing.I bought those due to ear vibration from long sessions.The first day it was cute,quiet, but did not line solid, and the shader was even worse with large needle configurations,not smooth at all,and really did not pack the ink in.
I have to stick with Gill Monty guys on this one,the coil machines are sassy...Can you agree???
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Recruit

thanks for your imput but i bought the hawk and couldn't be happier this machine is the s&!t big time.....i love it the customers love and i've covered the cost by raising my rates
Old 10-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Recruit

Hi,tell me Bill,why is this machine the s&!t...?
I mean if its that dope..whats up with it?
What all does it do???
Thanx
Old 10-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieck Eplei View Post
Hi,tell me Bill,why is this machine the s&!t...?
I mean if its that dope..whats up with it?
What all does it do???
Thanx
I'm not bill, but I'll take a crack at it. I hear this machine can tattoo, wash dishes, vacuum, microwave, and churn butter all at once!!!!!! And for a limited time, if you purchase one, they'll throw a second one in for free!!!!!! Just kidding. I don't own one, but I hear they're pretty awsome. As soon as tax season gets here, I'll probably spoil myself with one.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Recruit

you know it is just my opinion we all no opinions are like assholes etc... but the first thing you notice is the weight or lack of same with noise and vibration all you adjust is volts and needle depth for the piece at hand.... you can work longer you can work any style from soft looking black and grey to flooded with color bomb pieces all with one machine.... customers say they feel less pain and seem to really sit better for longer.....you know as well as i do that a good artist could use any machine from coil to linear to neuma and still make it work right i just prefer the hawk and don't think you would be disappointed
bill myspace.com/tattoosbybillmckay
Old 10-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Recruit

Thanx guys!
I just got rotary stealths and they suck!It wont pack color the same,line or anything. I thought I wanted away from the vibrating hum,and ear pressure after long sittings and the wieght.
But these days Im just trying to think of my art then the clients pain, I learned that from tim kern..., and smoothness.Before I would think of thier suffering more,and my work was not solid and as smooth.These days I way down 11 mags flat to thier skin and smooth circles.so im digging the wieght again.
Although I would like to try those,will they work as hard as coil machines,the stealth from worldwide does not...
Thanx again guys!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:49 AM
THE JAGERMASTER
Corporal

i havn't used one but i have been tattooed by one and i did not like it....too damn quiet....i like to hear the sound of a machine...not my skin getting stabbed

http://www.myspace.com/jonathonwant
Old 01-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Recruit

Greetings!

Does hawk run exactly same way with conventional powersupply(example: Eikon ems 200) then PU-II (Cheyennes own powersupply) ? Is it recommended to use PU-II ?

I have this machine and i LOVE it. I do have some old crappy noname powersupply and even with it hawk works good, but its time to buy new power unit soon..

This one is getting old and weak...

Last edited by L0b0; 01-18-2009 at 01:59 PM..
Old 01-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Field Marshal

I use the hawk powersupply but I believe it will run on just about anything same as "regular tattoo machines" whatever those are hahahaa

Tags
hawk, machine, tattoo