Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Private

Default linear rotary machine

I recently started using the new linear rotary machines and they work great. I bought em after finding out how much the neuma and HAWK set ups were ( I work in a small town and am not rich) Color packs in easily its quiet and makes cover ups easy.As well as tattoos heal real quick. Anyone else use these machines? If so what were your results?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: linear rotary machine

which one are you using? I know shag's got some nice ones he's producing
Old 06-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Private

Its a stealth rotary.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Field Marshal

haven't tried one yet but i have used a 1st gen swashdrive, the drive system though is upkeep, i need to rebuild the one for my friend now and have been putting it off b/c i don't even wanna attempt to tear that thing down haha
Old 06-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Field Marshal

when i get to it though i'll carve it up as a bonus... they didn't even clean up the casting parting lines on the old models!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Private

I build machines for myself and others; I’m by no means a kick ass artist yet, for I’m still just an apprentice. Recently I bought a stealth rotary machine, and thought I'd give it a try. Hell it was only $150 and it looked cool. My first experience with it was on my leg, I certainly didn’t feel right trying it out on someone else, plus I wanted to find out if it felt any different than a coil machine. It started to work great but then after 20-30 min into the tat the machine started to develop a new noise and some vibration. After I stopped and examined my piece of sh*t china made rotary, I found that the set screw under the motor had vibrated loose and the threads in the hole where hardly even there it had to of been that way from the factory. This made the motor bounce up and down in the frame. I ended up fixing it and trying it another time only to have the thing cut in and out, more investigation was done and I found a wire that was pinched during assembly from the factory that goes to the motor, and finally ended up breaking in the middle of a tattoo. I replaced both of its wires and have continued to use it, most people would’ve tossed the thing in the trash, but the thing is it really packs in the color and people have told me how much better it feels compared to my traditional coil machines. I’m also a machinist and I’m able fix this machine, and make improvements to it every time breaks or parts wear out. I would not recommend it to anyone. Another thing I’ve noticed is if you try to line with it and use disposable tubes it’s just too light. I really like using the rotary and I recommend that if anyone wants to try one get one that costs more like a hawk, swash-drive, or one of the ones made in Germany. You get what you pay for. Don’t expect a $150 machine to be the answer to your prayers.

Tags
linear, machine, rotary