Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Recruit

Default Re: Tattooing Newbies ETHICS?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelien View Post
Loads of guys in uk wants their neck and hands done before anything else. We refuse them all, and explain why. Most of the time when we say that d be trouble to find a job and all, they re like " oh really ? i didn t think about it ..." f@#king retards ...
80 % of the time what they want is their girlfriend s name ... in the neck .. morons.
U.K. and the U.S. arent that different then. lol I have to explain that all the time to younger guys and gals who want tattoos to be where their visible. but they ALWAYS say "oh no its totally cool, it will be ok" and then like a week later when im at a fast food resturant i see them and their like heeeeeey thats the guy who did my tattoo, so i think im gunna get me a bunch of job apps to Burger King so when they come in i can go ahead and pointg them in the right direction for employment. hahaha
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakefrench View Post
U.K. and the U.S. arent that different then. lol I have to explain that all the time to younger guys and gals who want tattoos to be where their visible. but they ALWAYS say "oh no its totally cool, it will be ok" and then like a week later when im at a fast food resturant i see them and their like heeeeeey thats the guy who did my tattoo, so i think im gunna get me a bunch of job apps to Burger King so when they come in i can go ahead and pointg them in the right direction for employment. hahaha
hahahaha nice
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:35 AM
Field Marshal

do it!!!!!! you're not in charge of their future, but you are in charge of your own. get paid for doing tattoos, not being a superficial know it all. let them sort out their own career choices, that is not your job. your job is to apply tattoos cleanly and safely. even if you dont agree with their choice, do your job!!! get paid well and bang out another awesome tattoo for your portfolio.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Field Marshal

if you want to pass judgement, become a judge, if you want to give out life lessons, become a psychologist, if you want to say what should or should not be acceptable in society become a politician. this is america. we can be what ever we want to be. do not confuse your job as a tattooist as having the right to decide all 3 for the benefit of the client. it is not up to you how i live my life. shut your mouth and do your job. no one ever told you that you have to become a tattoo artist, you chose this. make your client happy by giving them what they are paying you for, a good, clean, quality tattoo. regardless of what you think about design or placement. your opininion is only that, an opinion. it is not up to you to tell the client how of live their life. and your boss will be more than pissed off when he finds out that you walked out a good hard earned american dollar based on your biased opinion.

i am not above denying a tattoo for the sake of morality. i do not do hate filled tattoos. i turn away any nazi tattoo out of respect for my grandfather. he was a WWII war hero and i will not tattoo the mark of his enemy on an american citizen, because it's disrespectful to our american veterans. this is my own moral choice. but i will charge more than $5000 for a shwaztika the size of my pinky nail. i do have a price. if you are asking me to compromise my morals, you will pay me an exorbitant amount to do so. other than that, bring it on.

upon death your flesh will rot the same as any one elses. we are all meat puppets.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs View Post
do it!!!!!! you're not in charge of their future, but you are in charge of your own. get paid for doing tattoos, not being a superficial know it all. let them sort out their own career choices, that is not your job. your job is to apply tattoos cleanly and safely. even if you dont agree with their choice, do your job!!! get paid well and bang out another awesome tattoo for your portfolio.
fully agreed!
Old 10-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs View Post
if you want to pass judgement, become a judge, if you want to give out life lessons, become a psychologist, if you want to say what should or should not be acceptable in society become a politician. this is america. we can be what ever we want to be. do not confuse your job as a tattooist as having the right to decide all 3 for the benefit of the client. it is not up to you how i live my life. shut your mouth and do your job. no one ever told you that you have to become a tattoo artist, you chose this. make your client happy by giving them what they are paying you for, a good, clean, quality tattoo. regardless of what you think about design or placement. your opininion is only that, an opinion. it is not up to you to tell the client how of live their life. and your boss will be more than pissed off when he finds out that you walked out a good hard earned american dollar based on your biased opinion.

i am not above denying a tattoo for the sake of morality. i do not do hate filled tattoos. i turn away any nazi tattoo out of respect for my grandfather. he was a WWII war hero and i will not tattoo the mark of his enemy on an american citizen, because it's disrespectful to our american veterans. this is my own moral choice. but i will charge more than $5000 for a shwaztika the size of my pinky nail. i do have a price. if you are asking me to compromise my morals, you will pay me an exorbitant amount to do so. other than that, bring it on.

upon death your flesh will rot the same as any one elses. we are all meat puppets.
Well said sir, and s&!t I wish I would have known they shwaztika's were going for 5k, I did one that size yesterday for 1k.......Now I know hehe
Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Private

question about what you will and wont tattoo. Obvisouly people dont like to tattoo racist material, which is usally a white person getting the racist tattoo. what about other races getting racist tattoo? like white pride or white power is considered racist. would you say to a white guy " no I won't tattoo white pride on you" but to a hispanic say "brown pride? sure no problem" or the same with"white power, black power"? I know there is a diffrence, and I dont tattoo yet, but I would feel hypocritical if I did that, what are yall's thoguhts? what about blatant gang tattoos(no matter the race)? cause I see them along the same lines as racist tattoos.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Field Marshal

i really don't like to do any tattoo with a hate filled message. there's a distinction between pride and power regardless of race. i don't see anything wrong with people being proud of their heritage, when you call it "power" it's like saying my heritage will conquer yours. that i don't care for. i'll do black, brown, irish or any pride tattoo for any race, but i draw the line at the hateful s&!t
Old 01-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Private

Anyone turn down gang tattoos? I figure they would probably go to a scratcher before a legitimate tattoo shop.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Private

yeah man no gang tattoo's or swastika's, but as you said there probobly getting it done in there home-boys mama's kitchen lol

Tags
ethics, newbies, tattooing