Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Private

Default Creating a Tattoo Flash set - Discussion

I have an awesome idea for a set of flash that I think would probably get alot of interest... Not sure if sharing the idea would defeat the purpose??? But I would like to share the ideas with other artist to see what you guys think of the theme and concept. And maybe hear what you all have brewing in the caldron.

Also, as far as actual materials used, any suggesting on what? I want to create a professional set, but Ive never done it and am not very familiar with the details of it all.

Have any of you guys ever done a set? Did ya have fun? Wanna share your experience?

Discuss
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

Default Re: Creating a Tattoo Flash set - Discussion

its awesome. and a pain in my balls. heres the last sheet i did fer the PDX convention. water color that s&!t.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Recruit

I've never done a full set, as in 5 to 10 pages altogether, or whatever the "standard" is. But I do paint quite a bit, and I go between watercolors and acrylics. Always trying to learn new things.

For flash, I'd stick with watercolor, personally. And I like using the P.H. Martin's liquid watercolors, and Arches watercolor paper. It takes some getting used to, and prepare to hate it for a while. It's pretty unforgiving at first. But eventually, when you start pulling nice blends and layering colors, it's really worth the work, just like anything else.

Hope that helped at least a little bit.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

i just draw a bunch of s&!t, put it together, then have staples print it out. pretty easy, but can cost a bit upfront. but at least if you f@#k something up, it doesn't ruin the whole sheet

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 11-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Recruit

Yeah, that's another way. The shop owner here will draw everything out, scan it into photoshop and arrange it, then have it printed. It's also handy to have prints made and have them on disc as well if you wanna try to sell them s&!ts.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Private

Arg! Flash does take alot! I drew this up but when I tried coloring it with prisma's, it when to s&!t. I made copies before coloring so maybe i'll try with watercolors next. Please disregard that munkee to the side there hehe.

Last edited by ntelekt; 12-21-2010 at 12:07 PM..
Old 12-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Private

Cool drawing and not to high jack your post anyone know how to get pro flash made one you have the art work? Or sketch books?

Tags
creating, discussion, flash, set, tattoo