Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 05-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

Default Re: Post your work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucous View Post
hey padawan, dude you are living the f@#king dream man. licensed tattoo artist, conventions etc. you are so fortunate. so how come you are doing such marginal work? i'm being very conservative with that comment. did you draw that tattoo on paper before you did it? i am just amazed that you would settle for that kind of low end art quality. i'm not gonna waste time hacking on you. i'm just surprised you would let something like that end up on your name. come on dude you know what good art is. when i was tattooing i was doing better tattoos with a cheap ass chinese rotary machine AND no mentor or formal training. but i have standards of quality that i strive for and if i couldn't fully draw a badass version on paper of what my customer wanted then i didn't tattoo it. period. thats why you will see very little color tattoos in my photos. my color theory sucks ass and i KNOW it and untill i get a good handle on it none of that will be attempted on skin. dude and how could i forget that you also have access to THE WHOLE ENCHILADA 1 and 2. i dont know bro. i think you need to maybe go to the drawing board for awhile on certain things. thats what i'm doing. hit a brick wall on the quality of my art now i draw and study light sources. dont you have some ''tattoo heroes'' that you look up to as a source for quality and goal setting? mine are bob tyrell, booth,aitchison and so on. bond is pretty bad ass too but i think his true power is in his motivational abilities and business sense at this point in time. there is also this guy named den yakovlev who is ridiculously badass too. he may even be at the forefront of cutting edge and the dude is motherf@#king versatile too astounding black and gray and amazing color pieces with badass multiple light sources that just really put some of his s&!t ahead of the pack. he is on my myspace friends list so if you click on my name here it will take you there and you can find him. start using the force f@#ker. i'm stuck in a s&!t hole state where the opportunities just arent the same. anyway i hope this made your face turn beet red like mine did when all you guys pointed out the duct tape on that b1tc4es bikini that one time!! ha ha everyone needs a wake up call!!. have a good day man---steve
It's all good man. I take no Offense to anything that is said to me.
Just to make it clear,.. I work at a random street shop. I do mostly walk ins,..so no I didnt have the time to sit and work these out on paper first.
Sorry,.. my face didnt turn red,...I take constructive criticism well and all others with a grain of salt.
However,.. I do agree with you. I could and should have taken a little more time on these,..but then again,.. I am my own worst critic.
Considering that your not going to hack on my" marginal work",..what would you say is wrong with it ?

P.S. I also collect WWII Nazi Germany stuff,.. How much do you want for that Hindenburg Cross you have ?
I have the certificate that came along with that metal,..and it is signed by Hitler.
I also have a empty can of Ziklon B.
... ( y )

Last edited by TattooPadawan; 05-27-2010 at 08:29 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucous View Post
hey padawan, dude you are living the f@#king dream man. licensed tattoo artist, conventions etc. you are so fortunate. so how come you are doing such marginal work? i'm being very conservative with that comment. did you draw that tattoo on paper before you did it? i am just amazed that you would settle for that kind of low end art quality. i'm not gonna waste time hacking on you. i'm just surprised you would let something like that end up on your name. come on dude you know what good art is. when i was tattooing i was doing better tattoos with a cheap ass chinese rotary machine AND no mentor or formal training. but i have standards of quality that i strive for and if i couldn't fully draw a badass version on paper of what my customer wanted then i didn't tattoo it. period. thats why you will see very little color tattoos in my photos. my color theory sucks ass and i KNOW it and untill i get a good handle on it none of that will be attempted on skin. dude and how could i forget that you also have access to THE WHOLE ENCHILADA 1 and 2. i dont know bro. i think you need to maybe go to the drawing board for awhile on certain things. thats what i'm doing. hit a brick wall on the quality of my art now i draw and study light sources. dont you have some ''tattoo heroes'' that you look up to as a source for quality and goal setting? mine are bob tyrell, booth,aitchison and so on. bond is pretty bad ass too but i think his true power is in his motivational abilities and business sense at this point in time. there is also this guy named den yakovlev who is ridiculously badass too. he may even be at the forefront of cutting edge and the dude is motherf@#king versatile too astounding black and gray and amazing color pieces with badass multiple light sources that just really put some of his s&!t ahead of the pack. he is on my myspace friends list so if you click on my name here it will take you there and you can find him. start using the force f@#ker. i'm stuck in a s&!t hole state where the opportunities just arent the same. anyway i hope this made your face turn beet red like mine did when all you guys pointed out the duct tape on that b1tc4es bikini that one time!! ha ha everyone needs a wake up call!!. have a good day man---steve
You had an opportunity to be constructive, and you turned the entire post into "hey everyone, this is how good I am..." You talked more about yourself then actually telling him what to fix. That's really obnoxious and not what this thread is for.

And with that attitude, I expected much better work than I found on your page.

Last edited by Deran; 05-27-2010 at 08:43 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Private

i see much talent from mucous. and padawan. every piece of art you draw will not be good, only 5 of ten will look decent...then its up to anyone to redraw it. me included. now i like the skullwith the hat, but the cut off head looks amature and the main reason to me is the blood. both drips should not be the same length. this leads the eye to see the blood as something else besides blood.
not a huge fan of the piece. but talent lies there as with mucous.
just my 2 cents. and deran, well hes just cocky. but his work makes up for that.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:18 AM
f@#k yeah
Private

you know what you are right deran. thank you for your words of wisdom. but in this case i dont give a f@#k what you think about me. this isnt about me. i used me as a living example to define my analogies. seems like you are splitting hairs on this one. dude posted his work and i told him what i thought and i defined my examples and used myself as a reference for that. you know deran sometimes you say some amazing stuff that can really hit home but other times you can come up with som gay ass conspiracy theories. hahaha. maybe you are just a little cocky. however regardless of the fact that you can spew out some random meaningless bulls&!t sometimes, i still really like that girl you did jumping rope!! hahaha! f@#k you !

Last edited by mucous; 05-27-2010 at 09:37 AM..
Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 AM
f@#k yeah
Private

and to you padawan- i think the skull in the top hats shading is really splotchy man.just all around. especially the gray. just seems jinky all around.mostly the shading lines arent too bad i guess.but yeah seems like you didn't really put that loving touch on that skull. cant say tooo much about the other face, its better than i could have done color theory wise. guess you just have to look deep inside of yourself and sort that out.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Platoon Sargent

Thanks man!

I guess I just don't see the difference. You can go on and on about design but if the execution isn't there, then who cares? I'm not a huge fan of the work Padawan posted, but if you're going to use your own work and work ethic as an example of how to do things right, then it should be better than his, and it isn't. There might be some awesome drawing somewhere that you did of it but, and I'm not trying to pick on you, but you seem to suggest your tattoos are far better because you only do what you know you're good at, and I don't see that at all.

I just think it would be better to point out things he's done wrong with a tattoo then go on and on about "you really blew it, I only do work I know I'm great at, yadda, yadda" because that isn't going to help anyone. The only way to get good at something is to do it.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:14 PM
f@#k yeah
Private

point taken deran. guess i tend to think in black and gray and i guess that i would expect to see a smooth transition from black to gray to negative space or at least a good attempt at it in the very least. so thats probably my point on the above posts.i still dont know where you get the my work is better than his trip though. never said that. but every piece i ever did (ALL custom) was drawn before hand so that i was familiar with it and felt confident doing it. and i know for a fact its not horrible work, but on the same note it sucks in comparison to the artists that i mentioned before and compared to alot of yours as well. so yeah i gotta step up the drawing end, period. 'cause if i can draw it i can tattoo it. your last post was a little more level headed, i will say that. but still--dont be such a captain save a hack!! no offense to you padawan, dont think you are a hack, just think you need to baby that work a little more.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:20 PM
f@#k yeah
Private

and if i could figure out how to post some of my s&!t i would so you guys could get your bash on. or i guess you could always take the initiative and post a bunch of it in the bad tattoos dept! please do!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Private

..maybe you guys should exchange numbers?...or get a room...?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Platoon Sargent

How 'bout some more tattoo art!!! Let's see it!!

Tags
post, work