Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 06-15-2008, 11:11 PM
LBT

Default Re: What do you use to clean your machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by aivanne View Post
apprenticeships give you the right to tattoo. they don't teach you how.

you can watch and learn for 20,000 hours if you want, your first tattoo is still gonna suck.

during mine, i learned about machines, and then i didn't even ask my mentors and i started tattooing myself and buddies. balls out.
huh??? would have been terminated in most situtations
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBT View Post
huh??? would have been terminated in most situtations
probably cause most situations suck. i probably had the coolest apprenticeship. i cleaned, i scrubbed, i did my part, but they didn't do f@#ked up things to me or what not.

they looked at it this way: i could tattoo any of my friends or family as long as they were not paying customers. period. they told me if they would catch me tattooing for money, than i would have been gone.

why not get the MOST real skin practice before starting taking customers ? i wanted my first paying customers to be happy with the work and not come back for any sort of touch ups and what not.

when i was ready to take my first walk in, my boss let me know. like, 3 seconds before. it was a re-work of a s&!tty tattoo the dude got from his cousin in his basement.

and I still think that apprenticeships give you the right to tattoo. (which is fine with me)
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:23 AM
LBT

sorry but permission to f@#k people up is not cool and it is very possible to have a first tattoo be very decent if taught well.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Austina Obscure
Corporal

yo I agree with the first tattoo being decent if taught well.. It's not cool to mess people up.. I mean cover up's are one thing.. but scars and crap can only be covered up to a certain degree..... I dunno, I like that I learned as much as possible before I put some needles to the skin...

There is so much to know.. even about anatomy...like feet, wrists, etc the skin is thinner there so you can't sink the ink as deep as you would on another area of the body cuz your lines will bleed out and stuff... just crazy stuff u have to know before you go messing with the real, live, thing...

plus you will save your reputation 100%, if you wait and know what's going on before you start tattooing skin...

p.s... almost forgot what this thread was bout... I use discide wipes on my machines.. no corrosion and kills all in 1 minute.. boooo yeah....
Old 06-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Corporal

wasn't this thread about machine cleaning???? When the f@#k did we go get ice cream?????
Old 06-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by holierthanthou View Post
yo I agree with the first tattoo being decent if taught well.. It's not cool to mess people up.. I mean cover up's are one thing.. but scars and crap can only be covered up to a certain degree..... I dunno, I like that I learned as much as possible before I put some needles to the skin...

There is so much to know.. even about anatomy...like feet, wrists, etc the skin is thinner there so you can't sink the ink as deep as you would on another area of the body cuz your lines will bleed out and stuff... just crazy stuff u have to know before you go messing with the real, live, thing...

plus you will save your reputation 100%, if you wait and know what's going on before you start tattooing skin...

p.s... almost forgot what this thread was bout... I use discide wipes on my machines.. no corrosion and kills all in 1 minute.. boooo yeah....
i totally hear you. i had someone behind me, made sure i set up right, tell me bout what should i do.

it's not like my mentors didn't care, they just thought that after a while (not 10 days.....) i could practice on my buddies.

always under supervision. they took my machines numerous times to fix lines and took time to explain and reassure. a 30 minute tattoo would take 3 hours cause someone would always step in to teach.

i didn't go butcher in the back room.....
Old 06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Field Marshal

yeah all of a sudden this thread took a turn to left field out of no where like a response was posted in the wrong thread... back to cleaning machines please
Old 06-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmunky View Post
yeah all of a sudden this thread took a turn to left field out of no where like a response was posted in the wrong thread... back to cleaning machines please
sorry...

madacide. i break them down every now and then and give them a good good cleaning. it's hard to reach in those tiny spaces sometimes.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Private

U can use madacide on everything but iron machines on those you need to use benzall or you will rust your machine.

Tags
clean, machines