Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 01-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Corporal

Default TATTOO ARTISTS are full of themselves...

seriously most don't have real art training...they treat art students like they are idiots.....Most are junkies...and suck at art and copy peoples tattoos to think they are good..f@#k most of them and hail bond and his staff.....they are honest....good tattooers...and most of all good people....Just cuz your girlfriend sucked a d**k to apprentice to teach you don't mean you are righteous

ALL HAIL ALL OR NOTHING>>>>
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Corporal

lol

www.myspace.com/unforgiven74
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Platoon Sargent

Wow.
Right on bro.
Art is what it's about. That's why we do it, cause we love art. Nobody here wants to be a rockstar. We just do art, tattooing, painting, whatever for the fact that we love it.
06' is gonna be an amazing year by far.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Field Marshal

Tattooers are a wierd breed for sure, we all are, and its one of the things that makes this life so amazing.

I couldnt be more greatful for what tattooing has done in my life.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Private

i suppose people have their own reasons for doing anything in life, careers, whatever. i find that tattooing is the place that moves me the most. i've done many jobs but this is the first one i've felt that i really belong with. thats not to say i feel an affinity with the stereotypes of the original post (i don't). i think this job takes everything you have to do it right and that whilst it gets more and more fun, it also gets harder and harder in a sense. image is a red herring!

at a convention in england in 05, an artist was banned for smoking pot in his booth. this guy had the old school thug attitude and cocaine leer. in truth his work was oftentimes decent looking but everything else was total popb1tc4.

i've found that in this world that many of the very best are some of the most decent, unnaffected and unpretentious. conversely, i've met career pretenders of the highest order whose arrogance is only surpassed by their lack of talent and their ability to tell lies and steal things.

i've never met Bond and crew but the work and time and care they give to this job speaks for itself. this forum is an great example. VIVA AON!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Recruit

I´d like to reply to your post, because I think you´re quite wrong. My case is actually a little weird for a tattoo artist, bust it illustrates just the opossite.
I´m an illustrator, with a grade in arts, living actually in Barcelona, Spain. Working as an illustrator for design studios and editorials, I quickly found myself drawing and illustrating things that were more based on how quick I could produce an illustration than how good the result would be. Costs and time, that was all I was reduced to. I´m now tattooing, so yes, I´m a tattoo artist with a degree in arts, with lots of experience in other areas, who is now enormously honored to be given permission to do his best, on the better paper I´ll ever get: skin. I´m constantly demanded to do my best, it´s my pleasure to do so, to discuss and design for people who actually care what I´m going to do on them... and so far, though I´m just starting, I´ve found that the other tattoo artists I´ve known think the same, and study, and preocupy about the quality of their works. PLEASE get yourself informed before you start posting that kind of claim, because it´s damaging.
Every tatto is unique, it´s art, and it´s appreciated, by it´s owner and by it´s creator.

Felipe Fernández Morell
Barcelona
Old 02-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Corporal

Default ART

http://www.blehert.com/lessons/lesson.html this site is loaded with alot of very good info for anyone like myself to learn more in the drawing and painting areas.There is a boat load of info on blending colors,what colors do what to what and this looks like that.You know.Anyway,some may find some info usefull,just wanted to share.Take Care
Old 02-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Recruit

I am an art major at auburn with no particular aspiration to tattoo. in the future however i think it would be a fun and challenging to learn the trade. If my art training brings me to a level where i feel comfortable tattooing, that would be great, but im not considering it an option yet. a lot of young artist tend to jump right into things like looking for an apprenticeship when they have nothing to offer the artist who is teaching them.
Tattoos are something that can never get old because people will forever express themselves. Isnt that what art is about, expressing creativity with a picture rather than 1000 words? i personally think tattooing is one of the finer arts, anyone can take a pencil to paper and with time make an image. Tattoo artist have one shot to satisfy their customer 100% , i consider tattooing to be "surgical" art, the combination of skill, concentration,creativity and spontanuety and any artist especially a tattoo artist who has anything bad to say about another artist expressing themselves has either gotten lost or are just assholes with nothing good to say about anything but themselves. When your customers get up from getting work done and look in the mirror that is the only gauge you need to decide if you are a good artist, not the naysayers. That said if some hack that can trace wants to run an ink shop and print people up with old english fonts and other weak emblems they picked off a wall then let them do their thing and if someone wants real body art they will call somebody like AON. Tattoo artist should have tough skin and if you believe it everytime some jerkoff tells you your stuff sucks then you dont have the confidence in your work that is mandatory to prosper in this profession.
(longest first post ever)
Old 02-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Private

Default A different view...

Hey Everyone,

I read the 1st post in this thread, and I have to disagree 100%. To be honest and fair with everyone, I'm a 2nd year medical student and have worked with surgeons and primary care physicians alike. I do have to say that many of them look down in some way on people that have tattoos let alone the artists that create them. However, I have a tattoo and I'm not affraid to show it because it means something good to me; hence the reason I got it in the first place.
The statement I'd like to make here is that these professionals can do great things with a knife or a stethescope, but I guarantee that they could NEVER do the things the artists that post on this site among others do with a needle and some ink.
Personally, I see doctors and tattoo artists on exactly the same skill level. Sure, a tattoo artist may not be able to remove an apendix, but I'd bet a hefty penny that a surgeon couldn't lay down even the simplest of patterns on someones skin. Bottom line: a professional is a professional, and everyones work should be respected equally.

SMUScorpion42
Old 02-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Recruit

right f@#ken on man!

Tags
artists, full, tattoo