Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default thermal copier

just wondering if anybody is using this thing, and if it works, its only like 420 bucks
http://www.skincandy.net/index.php?m...694bf044221bd8

thanks for any feedback

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: thermal copier

If it works, it's worth it. I would place my favorite bumper sticker over that gay ass tramp stamp on the hood of it. Fixed.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Platoon Sargent

i wouldnt buy anything from skin candy
Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM
X Project Tattoo
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess View Post
i wouldnt buy anything from skin candy
+1... I agree... Last year I tried to place an order by making an int'l call to Skin Candy and the person who answered has no phone etiquette at all... Seems like he does'nt want to answer even one simple shipping related question... Good thing I had that experience and didnt order, just found out recently that their pigments are not as good as what they claim to be... Also red a forum where August is bashing Josh Carlton just to level up sale or whatever his purpose maybe... The unprofessionalism of Skin Candy is driving their customers away from them, they're lucky they're still makin profit from European and Asian countries who hasnt experienced calling them first hand... Just my 2cents...
Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Private

My concern would be what to do when a part goes bad on the thing. At least with the old 3M thermos parts like belts and bulbs are easy to find on ebay.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso View Post
+1... I agree... Last year I tried to place an order by making an int'l call to Skin Candy and the person who answered has no phone etiquette at all... Seems like he does'nt want to answer even one simple shipping related question... Good thing I had that experience and didnt order, just found out recently that their pigments are not as good as what they claim to be... Also red a forum where August is bashing Josh Carlton just to level up sale or whatever his purpose maybe... The unprofessionalism of Skin Candy is driving their customers away from them, they're lucky they're still makin profit from European and Asian countries who hasnt experienced calling them first hand... Just my 2cents...
the forum you are referring to is nick baxters, and i agree, august is a f@#king douche bag. i found out they are made in china, so never f@#king mind, i will not support that crap.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Corporal

i've been wondering about that thing too. I've seen the EXACT same machine from several suppliers -- all re-branded by whomever is selling it. There are no "parts" (bulbs or belts) to break like the 3M machines. I also like that you can shrink or enlarge the image right in the machine (even if it is only 3 preset sizes) and supposedly it works no matter what you did your drawing with. All that stuff sounds great, but I don't know anyone who ever actually used one!

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111
Old 02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
X Project Tattoo
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATSOS View Post
i've been wondering about that thing too. I've seen the EXACT same machine from several suppliers -- all re-branded by whomever is selling it. There are no "parts" (bulbs or belts) to break like the 3M machines. I also like that you can shrink or enlarge the image right in the machine (even if it is only 3 preset sizes) and supposedly it works no matter what you did your drawing with. All that stuff sounds great, but I don't know anyone who ever actually used one!
To be honest, the China-made thermal fax works great... They're not knock offs as they have their own respective brands on their equipment, so no worries in terms of piracy issue here and quite frankly, the performance of these machines are very good... We actually have one in the shop that works great even after 2years of almost everyday use 3-5x a day atleast and sometimes 10-15x during peak season especially during summer and December... It'll take years before break down, provided that the machine is handled properly with care... Let's face it, China-made thermal machines are a good buy actually, they might not be as durable as US brands but with starting price of $145 - $200/unit, and you can still get it for a cheaper price if you buy 2 or more, it definitely is a good buy knowing that you can utilise it for years... We actually bought 5pcs of those just incase the machine breaks down but we're surprised that it lasted 2years and counting so we decided to sell the others... Most of China products are okay as long as you know where to buy them from, and as long as you dont buy Medical Supplies, Mass-Produced cheap machines and most of all DO NOT BUY China made tattoo pigments... But for supply needs like inkcups, machine parts, thermal fax, gloves, stainless steel grips/tubes, needles etc, are great...

Last edited by The Virtuoso; 02-08-2010 at 05:01 PM..
Old 02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
X Project Tattoo
Corporal

Even power supplies, footswitch, clipcords and tons of other tattoo supplies from China are actually good products... Like I said, you just have to know who to buy from...
Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

i will stick with the one that eikon sells, it looks pretty nice, and its only 1000 bucks.

Tags
copier, thermal