Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 09-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: hawk tattoo machine

www.exceptionaltattoo.com
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Field Marshal

the virgin inks are dope too!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Corporal

Hey Brandon, which virgin ink green is the one that you liked?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Field Marshal

the olive looking s&!t bro!

they are all good but its GRIMY and s&!t
Old 09-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Corporal

Sweet! I'm all for that grimy action.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Field Marshal

yeah its fun to use - they do make incredible inks - so far!

I know there is more coming and Im stoked to try em!
Old 09-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremann View Post
no way to change stroke length on neumas. just more needle hanging out. not adjustable. the weight does seem to be the advantage. havent seen anything done with neumas yet that cant be done with an electromagnetic coil machine. If someone can prove me wrong, I am always open to hearing about it though.
autoclave a coil machine. Then throw your clipcord every time you finish a tattoo, break out a new one for the next tattoo. This is the biggest difference in the electric vs. air debate. I've been using coils for 5 years now, and just recently I gave a shot at the neumas. At first it was weird, but now I'm all about them s&!ts. Contrary to popular belief, lining has not been tough. I've been able to drive a 3 round all the way up to a 9. Single pass or build, your choice. Coloring is really smooth. I've been able to blend nonstop, which, in turn, has broken me past a lot of barriers that were giving me s&!t before. Less trauma makes it easier on the client. Less weight makes it easier on me. I bought this rig with no intention of putting my coils to the side, just another brush in the box, ya know? I picked up my coils the other day for a smaller piece, and it felt like tattooing with a brick. Very heavy. Also, compressors aren't that bad of a power source. Sure there's a bit of maintenance, but c'mon, it's really not that bad. Just be sure to research and purchase a worthy compressor to do the job. I personally use the recommended one artist comp, and it pushes the machines fine, and isn't very loud. I've noticed a lot of compressor woes come from people trying to get some s&!t from sears and running it. NOT A GOOD IDEA!!! They recommend certain products for a reason. As far as adjustment, if it doesn't need it, who cares. Coils have them beaten there. I will never let my coils go just because of this. All in all, the neuma system is pretty rad, just a bit costly. I would have never messed with them had I not run across some "f@#k it" money. Now I'm glad I have. As far as the hawk, those machines a dope as f@#k, too!!!! I've got a close friend using em, and he can't say anything bad about em. Soon we should be collaborating on some neuma/hawk work. I'll post flicks when I got em.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Corporal

hey, what's the difference between the hawk and the condor???
Old 09-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Field Marshal

What came first the chicken or the egg?

hahahah
Old 09-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Field Marshal

dude I wanna see a Hawk / Pneuma combo for real!

Tags
hawk, machine, tattoo