Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Private

Default Lubrication

Hey everyone, was watching the whole enchilada DVDs recently (very good and very helpful Brandon, thanks) and in the second one, a guy asks a question that involves him mentioning that he uses vaseline to lube the skin while tattooing. Brandon says that vaseline is s@!t for lubing the skin and shouldn't be used. I was taught to tattoo using vaseline as skin lube, when I moved to a new studio, everyone there uses vaseline, everyone I have ever been tattooed by used vaseline, and everone I have spoken to while working conventions uses vaseline. Just wondering if vaseline is ok as a lube or if anyone uses anything different with better results? I have tried using a sterile lube jelly, but was having to re apply about every 2 seconds of tattooing. Sorry about the long winded question.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Private

Default Re: Lubrication

I use nothing but A&D man. Kingpin , Lucky's, or any supply shop carries it in tubs or single packets.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Private

Cheers, man. Will hunt some of that stuff down. Hopefully can find a UK distributor, I order loads of my stuff from america and postage and customs costs an arm and a leg, lol
Old 11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

I like astro glide...............oh wait wrong forum
Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_tattoo View Post
Hey everyone, was watching the whole enchilada DVDs recently (very good and very helpful Brandon, thanks) and in the second one, a guy asks a question that involves him mentioning that he uses vaseline to lube the skin while tattooing. Brandon says that vaseline is s@!t for lubing the skin and shouldn't be used. I was taught to tattoo using vaseline as skin lube, when I moved to a new studio, everyone there uses vaseline, everyone I have ever been tattooed by used vaseline, and everone I have spoken to while working conventions uses vaseline. Just wondering if vaseline is ok as a lube or if anyone uses anything different with better results? I have tried using a sterile lube jelly, but was having to re apply about every 2 seconds of tattooing. Sorry about the long winded question.

the question was how he tattooed 2 days in a row without chewing up the skin, and he said that he put vaseline on the tattoo after he was done. this is why brandon said no motherf@#king vaseline, because it clogs the pores, and prevents the skin from being able to breath. a&d can do the same thing if you use to much of it. because its a petroleum base. but that is what i use too, i just use it little through out the tattoo.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 11-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Field Marshal

a&d for tattooing, soap and water and aquaphor for healing.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:29 AM
Private

I got some A&D and tried it out yesterday. It works great, much better than vaseline. Cheers for the help guys
Old 11-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

yup Vaseline melts and becomes a huge mess I use very Little A&D but im kinda a dry rubbing ass hole sometimes but I make up for that by using Viva paper towels

Tags
lubrication