Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 08-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Single needle shading...

f@#king snakes man.....
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Recruit

I recently tried a shading experiment using a tight 3 bugpin liner (works the same in my oppinion as a single just a bit more reliable... thought that maybe just in my head...hahaha....anyhow....) And here was the results....

NOTE: Forgive me if this picture is too big, as I am not terribly certain about file sizes for pics in forums and whatnot....

It was the little fuzzy ball I shaded entirely with the BP Liner using short (obviously) repetitive whipping motions. Also, my machine was set up running as though I would have it for light smooth greywashes.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: This healed beautifully by the way.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Pablo@AllorNothing

pretty pimp.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Corporal

me like.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

thanks to this thread is was inspired to use my 3 liner while doing a realistic tattoo of a glock, and turned my liner down and used it to texture/stipple out the handle to give it the glock grip look. Came out great, waitin for healed pics.

I do what i want!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Pablo@AllorNothing

Wow, that sounds awesome! can't wait to see the pics.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Private

you can do it with a single or you can do it with a 3 liner..the reason that they leave the needle out so much is because it gives the needle more flex..i thought everyone did some type of shading like that..some times it is easier for certain things and can give it a different look..as far as corey miller, he worked for jack rudy at good time charlies back in the 90's..both are amazing artist..the show ok except when they show kat's shop all it is, is alot of drama..i hate that part of it..it is a show about tattooing not drama..miami ink at least used to show lots of artwork..i guess drama sells
Old 10-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Private

keith i just looked at your work and you do really nice work..the portraits are great..how much do they usually run and are you booked for along while? are you close to nyc or in the upstate?

Tags
needle, shading, single