Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Private

Default Waverly Black

Had heard alot about it so i got some.Has anyone tried using it for lining.I did and it just aint working out.Lines seem real weak.Its pretty good for solid fill.Any suggestions maybe thin it out for lining?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Waverly Black

when i got my waverly about a week or two ago, i noticed the same thing you did, but it was because i was so used to how easy flowing talens and kuro was for lines, but during the first tattoo i did with it i adjusted and now its fine. pretty much you have to develope your lines more than single pass lines,and waverly is messy so for outlining just blott it with your paper towel instead of wiping because it doesnt clean as easy as the other inks i mentioned...BUT...with the waverly ink it heals quick...and darker, and makes a crispy outline that pops out and smacks your face... a small adjustment well worth it.

if your trying for speed or easiness for outlines then use sumi or talens or whatever you use, but for anything to impress definitily use the waverly.

i normally use silverback for black n gray, but now im just using waverly,with the right cut it looks the same! maybe even better!!!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Private

I will try that.I did a fill in on a small tribal and was pretty impressed.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Corporal

I line with it -- no problems. Solid fills and B+G as well. Love the stuff.

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111
Old 02-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Corporal

i luvs my waverly too!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Been wanting to try Waverly black for a while now, yesterday I used it twice, first to line and fill some huge lettering, second to line and greywash a blk and grey scroll with lettering/praying hands piece on a dudes back. I love it, great all around black, I will be using it all the time from now on.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Private

I notice the bottle dont come with a ball.Are you guys putting a ball inside yours to mix it better.This stuff just isnt working for me.Its like the longer it sits in the cap the weaker it gets.was using a 9 mag today working on some flowers and to get solid black was taking just a little more effort than i want to.I got a rooster and a pig appointment coming up ill try it again and see what goes.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Corporal

no mine didnt have a ball in it, the only inks i've used that came with them were moms and electric.

i dont know what to tell you bro, the ink works great for me , only the outline seemed to need more effort to me, but even then its very minor and its always worth it. solid fill for me was super easy, i normally use 9 mags and 15 mags.

is this every time for ya or just the last customer? maybe they just had one of those skin types that give you hell.

to be honest im pretty new at using this ink myself, but from all the tats i've been doing with them they are awesome and healing very fast,and very well saturated.

Last edited by lozer81; 02-16-2011 at 10:28 PM..
Old 02-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozer81 View Post
no mine didnt have a ball in it, the only inks i've used that came with them were moms and electric.

i dont know what to tell you bro, the ink works great for me , only the outline seemed to need more effort to me, but even then its very minor and its always worth it. solid fill for me was super easy, i normally use 9 mags and 15 mags.

is this every time for ya or just the last customer? maybe they just had one of those skin types that give you hell.

to be honest im pretty new at using this ink myself, but from all the tats i've been doing with them they are awesome and healing very fast,and very well saturated.
Yeah it seems to be different from each customer.I used it on the last one and it seemed to work real well.I was also using vaseline and i think the vaseline reacts weird to it.I used a+d on the last one and it worked way better.I also switched to a 3r.I was using tight needles with it and it seems like it doesnt work as well with tight 7's or 9's.I just used a 3 and than ran little ovals than came back and sharpened the edges.seemed to work way better
Old 02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

I will say, for liners I use pretty loose groupings.

Tags
black, waverly