Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 12-21-2009, 12:18 AM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

Default Re: Black and grey artists..

See your actually wrong. See the reason we dnt share certain information on this website is due to the public being able to look at what we do and what we use. There's no specific routine that amachine ahould be built with complety such as springs, capacitors, coils, liners and shaders. Everything u just posted is something that anyone witha computer can find. This is why we have personal messaging. I'm not trying to come off like an asshole and I do apologize that it may sound like it...

But there is no specific way a machine should be built with. It's all personal preference and you dnt need to be worrying about the machines as much as the art. The machine aspect comes with being around them and using them an learning new teqniques.

5 months might seem like a long time and that u have learned alot, which u probably have! But. There is still a long road ahead for sure.

www.JohnDameArt.com
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Private

I KNOW I HAVE BEEN TATTOOING FOR LIKE 5 MONTHS LOOK AT MY WORK..NOT TRYING T0O BE A ASSHOLE TO...WHEELYUM BOYD MYSPACE.... AND YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK..I SHARE THIS STUFF WITH NE PEOPLE THAT BIGG ARTIST I GUESS LIKE YOU WILL NOT SHARE WITH NO ONE NEW....LIKE ME...AND FOR THE MACHINE PART IT HAS TO BE BUILT A WAY TO DO A GOOD TATTOO AND IF LIKE YOU SAID HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT..THEN WAY DONT WE ALL BUY SORRY ASS MACHINES OFF EBAY AND TATTOO AND LIKE THE BIG TIME MACHINE BUILDER STOP BUILDING THEM...LIKE IN YOUR PICTURE STOP USING THE MACHINE YOU HAVE A GET SORRY MACHINE....AND TELL ME A MACHINE THE WAY IT IS BUILT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TATTOOING....IF YOU CAN DO THAT ....THEN YOU CAN SAY THAT....I HAVE BEEN ON HERE ALOT OF WEBSITES AND TRY TO TALK TO BIG ARTIST TO GET SOME KNOW HOW...LOL..AND ALOT OF ARTIST ARE d**kS..I HAVE A ARTIST LICENSE BUT THE GUY SHOWED ME ALITTLE STUFF AND GOT MY LICENSE AND CLOSED DOWN AND NOW I WORK FOR A SHOP NOW THAT THE GUY BEEN TATTOOING FOR LIKE 12 YEARS AND REALLY SUCKS....I LIKE TO BE GOOD AT THIS LIKE ME BEING IN THE MARINES FOR 13 YEARS I WAS SHOWN TO DO MY JOB AND IN THE TATTOO WORLD I SEE ALOT OF EGOS OUT THERE SOME MAKE IT BIG AND FORGET WHERE THEY CAME FROM........IS ALL I AM SAYING.....NOT TO BE AND ASS....TO YOU OR NO ONE ON THIS SITE....BUT I LIKE TO GET MORE TIPS FROM GOOD ARTIST AND NOT HAVE TO READ d**k HEADS POSTING STUPID s&!t TO ME....BECAUSE YOU KNOW AND I KNOW YOU CAN BE TOUGH ON A COMPUTER BUT WHERE I HAVE BEEN ....IM NOT SCARED..LOL...ALL IM ASKING IS FOR A LITTLE HELP TO GET BETTER AT WHAT I DO I KNOW WORK AT IT PUT IN THE TIME...I KNOW ALL THIS STUFF AND HALF THE ARTIST THAT TELL ME THAT IM BETTER THEN THEY ARE.......BUT THANKS JOHN.....FOR THAT..AND SOME TIPS YOU CAN SHARE IM ALL EARS

WHEELYUM BOYD / MYSPACE
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

wow, sounds like you know it all

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 12-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Corporal

John is right tho. A machine is a machine....2 different artist might not use it the same way.It's also right to say that a machine can work well for you now, but won't necessarily work for you in a few months, or a few years. You know why we don't buy sorry ass machines ? because most professionals, that are serious about tattooing, love to use and collect beautiful, unique machines. Some machines I haven't used in 2 years because my tattooing has changed,but I would NEVER sell them or anything like that.

Quoting DeVries " There is no big secret to tattooing. It's all about knowing all the little secrets" (something along those lines)

Keep tattooing every single day, you'll get better.

My 2 cents.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Platoon Sargent

Wheelyum - I try to help you once in a while but you're just being stupid now. THERE IS NO SECRET WAY TO SET UP A MACHINE TO BE ABLE TO TATTOO!!!! There are a million different styles and a million ways to set up your machines.

My advice is you need to get over yourself! You seem to have a huge head and think you know everything. I don't want to say this but you still suck. You do some things ok, and you're good for as new as you are, but you still suck. You need to realize that. You don't have the answer to everything. You still have a ton to learn. The faster you realize that, the faster you'll get good. Until then try being humble and quit goin around saying "hey look how awesome I am, ive only been tattooing for 5 months". It doesn't matter how long you've been tattooing. Look at your work, and look at the work of others here. You just aren't that good yet and that's what matters.

Last edited by Deran; 12-21-2009 at 10:48 AM..
Old 12-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
.ALL IM ASKING IS FOR A LITTLE HELP TO GET BETTER AT WHAT I DO I KNOW WORK AT IT PUT IN THE TIME...I KNOW ALL THIS STUFF AND HALF THE ARTIST THAT TELL ME THAT IM BETTER THEN THEY ARE.......BUT THANKS JOHN.....FOR THAT..AND SOME TIPS YOU CAN SHARE IM ALL EARS
Actually he already gave you some tips, but you didn't wanna listen, and you bashed him for it because you think you already know everything. STOP DOING THAT. You only listen to what you want to hear. You won't go anywhere with that attitude. And that's why you probably won't get much help from anyone else.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Field Marshal

the secret to tuning is knowing how to achieve what you from your machine. there is no universal formula, bubs. it doesn't matter how long, or how short you have been tattooing, what matters is where you stand amongst your peers. cheers.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Corporal

Wheelyum -- Here's the big secret: Its ALL preference.
That's it. That's the secret. I'll show you 5 awesome B&G tattooers and not one of them is using the same machine or the same set up as the others. It's all a matter of what the artist prefers, its about how the artists likes their machine to run. This varies based on how you tattoo. I know people who use $600 machines, and I know one guy -- phenomenal tattooer -- still swears by the machine he built from a Spaulding kit 20 years ago! So to each their own. The problem you are going through right now is that after only 5 months, you still don't know what you prefer, you dont know what your 'style' is because you haven't been doing it long enough to develop a style. That's OK, nobody knew after 5 months. Keep working at technique and doing solid tattoos. Once you've been doing this for a longer time, you'll know what YOU would like to see in a B&G machine to make it work for YOUR method of tattooing.

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111
Old 12-21-2009, 01:19 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

whatta rockstar..
5 months into it i was as humble as a nirvana cow.. TEACH ME.. not LEMME SHOW YOU!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Private

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THAT I AM VERY HUMBLE....I HAVE REALLY BEEN TEACHING MYSELF..I TAKE WHAT EVER BODY TELLS ME TO DO ..AND DERAN I REALLY DONT THINK I SUCK AFTER 5 MONTHS ....AND UP HAVE TO LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS TO DERAN LOOK AT ALOT OF ARTIST OUT THERE THAT HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS AND STILL REALLY SUCK...I AM HUMBLE...I WANT TO BE GOOD AT IT.....AND LEARN ALOT ..WHAT YOU GUYS CAN TELL ME.....BUT ME SUCKING ..I HAVE TO SAY I DONT..AND TELLING ME I SUCK LIKE YOU HAVE A EGO ...YOUR GOOD BUT I CAN DO WHAT YOU DO DERAN.....BECAUSE I DO TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE TOLD ME AND I DO IT..AND FOR FATSOS THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT I KNOW I HAVE NO STYLE RIGHT NOW..BECAUSE IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT..I BUY THE DVDS OF BIG ARTIST AND I TAKE WHAT ARTIST HAVE TOLD ME TO DO TO GET BETTER LIKE YOU HAVE DERAN.....U HAVE TO LOOK AT IT LIKE HIS....I AM GOING TO GET BETTER....AND ME SAYING LOOK WHAT I CAN DO AFTER 5 MONTHS IF NOT SAYING LOOK AT ME AND HAVING THE BIG HEAD...IT IS WHAT DO YOU REALLY THINK...I HAVE ASKED ALOT OF ARTIST WHAT THEY THINK....AND IF HAD THE BIG HEAD I WOULD NEVER ASKED....LOL.....SEE WHAT IM SAYING NOW....SO I THINK SAYING I SUCK.....THAT IS AND EGO YOU HAVE TO =DEAL WITH......BUT REALLY IF PEOPLE LIKE TO LOOK AT MY WORK...AND TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK AND GIVE ME TIPS....IM ALL EARS..

Tags
artists, black, grey