Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Corporal

Exclamation FL-Tattoo Artists, resident, guest, apprentice!!!

PEOPLE IN FLORIDA!!!!!!!!
Date: Wed Mar 04, 2009 16:53 GMT
If you are currently a tattooer, apprentice or a tattoo collector in the state of Florida, please take a look at this:

http://www.flsenate.gov/cgi-bin/view...billtext/html/

A lot of the proposed regulations need to be passed; most of it is absurd.

You may call Legislative Information Services: toll-free number for Florida residents is 1-800-342-1827

Find your zip plus the 4-digit code: http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

Type in your zip+4 digit on the "find your legislators" box on the left sidebar

Find your legislator and their office address for your DISTRICT NUMBER and WRITE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Corporal

Default Re: FL-Tattoo Artists, resident, guest, apprentice!!!

Would you mind sharing which parts of the legislation you deem absurd? From a quick glance it seems to be meant to regulate the industry with a certain set of standards when it comes to maintaining a clean environment and so on.

I thought that kind of stuff was already done in most places anyway.

Just curious.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Corporal

Crap, I cut off the original posters info...lemma see if I can find her comment on it. The only thing I find absurd is the fact that they don't want anyone to guest spot in FL more often then 6 months between visits...unless I read that wrong?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Field Marshal

it still has to go through a series of refinements, that even the health dept probably wont agree to. it is a bill, then it has to be up for review, and if people disagree, it has to be redrafted, and it all takes time, re written, etc. they want to check individual artists, but i know tons of artists that dont even come to work until the health dept is closed, and really...that is going to kill that part of it, for example. ive worked in places with stricter licensing, and until this comes up, florida seemed the most lax. i actually agree with most of it. although fees, and yearly courses seem juvenile for me...some people do need it and a bad egg ruins it for all of us. im suprised FL didnt hop on this sooner.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Field Marshal

i'm not in florida but i can never read those things anyways... too much jargon a lot of double speak... 1984 here we come (30 years late)

Tags
apprentice, artists, fltattoo, guest, resident