Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Recruit

Default Re: Power supply

Just to let everyone know... I've been rocking Richie Streate's TDI-07 power supply with the wireless foot switch. It's got four settings, two outputs, 0-14 volts, buttons are the top of the supply so it's easy to keep sterile with barrier film. (also very low profile) The entire casing is light and small. On the second generation it even has the auto run mode that can be shut of with the wireless switch and it also has a jack on the back to plug in a wired switch. It's smooth running, with no breaks in electrical flow. It's wonderful!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg13 View Post
Anyone got any feed back on the EMS-300 from Eikon yet??
Very solid power supply. I haven't gotten ahold of any of these cx-2's or anything crazy to compare it, but i absolutely love mine. it's been dropped a few dozen times with no issues, so it's solid, but wireless pedal would be nice. maybe i'd quit running over my cables and yanking it down. Mounting a box to my counter has fixed the issue of yanking it down though. the rolls of barrier film are easy to snatcha sheet and cover the buttons.

Performane wise, it's fanstastic. Very smooth delivery of power. Easy to use. The numbers seem to coincide with what i expect the machien to be doing anyways, so it doesn't really trip me out. Just helps me understand the tuning end of it a little more. Had to totally relearn my machines with it though. the power delivery seems to be totally different. i.e. Voltage instead of wattage? don't know.

But i definately prefer it

Gotta tattoo or i'd keep going. sry for rushed post
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Recruit

The Dungeon Inc. TDI-07 is really nice with the tuning aspects as well. It has several modes for duty, and Hz for machine builders to fully see digitally what's happening. After reading Eikon's Machinegun Magazine and using the TDI my machines are running tip top!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Private

I had both the Eikon EMS 300 and CX-2 and wasn't happy with either of them.... I found both weren't constant and my machines seemed a bit weaker on both...

I'm going to buy the General Power Supply from Gold Rush in the next few weeks, which I'm really looking forward to getting.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Platoon Sargent

Wow thats the first time I've ever heard anyone not liking the Eikon 300......Just my opinion but Eikon seems to make quality stuff all the time.....and that 300 has gotten nothing but great reviews.....interesting.. care to elaborate on how General Power Supply is better than Eikon's 300 when you get it, I'd like to see this.......
Old 06-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Corporal

The General is better than eikon for the same reason the one I build is better than eikons. The eikon power supply is good, but not great. It is not packed with high quality parts. It is packed with a ton of low quality to mid quality parts. The general is built alot like mine is from what I can gather, and that means the capacitors which are the heart and soul of the power supply are the best you can get. which makes all the differance in the world. I quit using my ems 300 after building my first power supply, my FIRST ONE. so what does that tell you.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Platoon Sargent

WOW!!! Im blown away dude honestly......I thought the 300 ,was the king, thats all I see at conventions!!.......Man it feels like I been sold a lie......( and I didnt even buy anything)........but at least now I know I can potentially build a PS better than Eikon hahahahaha..........man these last two posts really floored me...........maybe I will tear a 300 down when Im finally a pro and see if I can soilder some better capacitors in...........

Last edited by Frek; 06-27-2010 at 01:34 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Platoon Sargent

can the 300 be modified with quality parts?????? Is anyone putting the good stuff in the 300??????..................man I'm really floored.....I just knew the 300 was the PS every other company wanted to copy..........wow!!!!!!......maybe I was so hooked on how the 300 looked that I turned away from PS's that didnt look the part............lesson learned dont judge a book by its cover..............

Last edited by Frek; 06-27-2010 at 12:42 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Corporal

dont get me wrong, its better than anything else sold for the most part. But its not close to the cleanest power you cant get. For that you need to buy a powersupply built by somebody who worries about the cleanest power you can get. Like i said, its good, but its not the best. And to learn how to build a better one, will cost you a s&!t ton more than what one ems costs, so keep that in mind. The tattoo world has been around a long time Frek. Dont let the polish of modern advertising tricks fool you, nothings new. Rotaries old, tattoo machines old, good clean powersupplies old. Every generation tries to reinvent the wheel, thats our job. Just dont believe that everything old is crap and everything new is the best its ever been, most of the time stuff that is so old that no one know about it anymore is the best its ever been, and alot of time money and blood has been spent to keep people from knowing it.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Platoon Sargent

I see what your saying.....thanx..

Tags
power, supply