Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Private

Default Fine Balance - Art and Life

So I work a full time IT job (SCCM Administrator) and I have 6 kids, about year ago I got to thinking I wanted to do something with this art ability I have always had but once I got into the military I dropped it. I wanted to bring it back and really do something with it.

With the prompting of my lady, I decided to take two things I love and combine them; tattoos and art. I went around looking and talking to shops until I found the right shop at the right time. Many shops were full of smug artists, just busy and\or had no need or want for an apprentice.

Well I found my home and I have been there a year and growing a lot and I am proud to say I am an tattoo apprentice and growing.

I only have one regret, I want more time at the shop to push myself harder, but there are bills to pay, mouths to feed and reality is that my primary job of an IT professional isn't ready to take a back seat yet. I am only at the shop 4 days a week Mon, Thurs (from 6-close) and Sat, Sun (usually open to close).

I was curious how many of you out there work outside of your shop? Are split between tattooing\another job\spending time with family. What are some things you could say to others just really in their first year of starting this path on ways to make it all work and not be overrun or let art slip.

I love my family and they back me on my art so much, one day it will get easier but between them, people at the shop and sites like these I am learning so much. More than a 10 year vet had figured he would learn for sure.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Last edited by UntetheredSoul; 06-10-2010 at 01:45 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote

Tags
art, balance, fine, life