Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 11-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Recruit

Default Tear apart my portfolio

I'm gonna start seriously looking for an apprentiship in january I have given my self the goal of getting a decent portfolio together by xmas, this is some of my strongest work can you guys ripp it apart and give me some advice on what you think I should put in it
Cheers
For some reason the links died.
you can see the work here http://jonprinceart.tumblr.com/

Last edited by thorazine; 11-17-2011 at 04:30 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Recruit

Default Re: Tear apart my portfolio

Sorry about the massive pictures I don't know how to make them smaller
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:11 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Thumbs up Re: Tear apart my portfolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorazine View Post
I'm gonna start seriously looking for an apprentiship in january I have given my self the goal of getting a decent portfolio together by xmas, this is some of my strongest work can you guys ripp it apart and give me some advice on what you think I should put in it
Cheers

I'm not an artist with much advice, but I would like to say your art is f@#king badass!

Also, the sizes are fine. They're large enough for the artists on here to see more detail, but not so large that they cannot see the entire photo without scrolling.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

I think they are awesome, actually!

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 11-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Corporal

i no see picture??!!

can i plz seez them?
Old 11-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozer81 View Post
i no see picture??!!

can i plz seez them?
yeah sorry man, Im pretty bad with computers you can see it here http://jonprinceart.tumblr.com/
Old 11-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Corporal

judging based on your drawings i'd say when you can do that with a tattoo machine you'd be pretty badass, your art is pretty excellent, i'd say you are definitely on the right track, just know it would take some time to be able to do that level of work with a tattoo machine, but with the right mentor you should have no problems.

when you make your portfolio include as many potraits as you can, you are pretty good at them and it impresses tattoo artists more than flash type drawings.try to apprentice at the best shops in your area, and do not settle at some crappy street shop just because they'll accept you, all it would do is slow you down,and teach you bad habits.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Recruit

Cheers man, I'll take on board what you said.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Corporal

youve got some skill, the girl skull knife drawing is pretty wonky, the dragon very basic, you will learn more, probably need some good refs too, this is decent work, not knock your socks off. But it is good enolugh to get you started. If tattoo is the artform you choose you should go for it.
Remember it isnt an easy life, decent gross pay but buying your own insurance, holidays vacations, buying dental, life insurance etc that gross pay ends up being modest.............very few make Brandon Bond money!
But it is a beautiful art practiced for 10,000 years.

As its been said, dont settle for the first shop that will give you a job. All or Nothing has been a haven of top notch art work since its inception in 2003/4. Part of that comes from having a dozen artists skilled in many styles working hard each day and week to top each other. They feed off each other, paint with each other, draw with each other. Have you ever seen how much Tedder makes some apprentices draw? s&!t all the time. It makes you better, get under an apprenticeship that will work your hard............its good for you

Tags
portfolio, tear