Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Private

Default Alrighty, all I want to know is WHY???

So, I'm just sitting here killing time before I go out and mess with the horses in the rain. And I'm surfing ALL over the internet. I go to the BME site, which I find relatively entertaining in small doses.

Has anyone ventured over there? Checked out the sample photos in the Extreme/Hard?? Does it not make you SICK? WHY would people want to nail their genitals to a block of wood? Cut their toes off? Shave their teeth? Stretch their nipples? Castrate themselves? STICK A DINNER KNIFE THROUGH THE SKIN IN THEIR BACK. Seriously, I just don't get it. I'm all for self expression, but those pics are just effing crazy.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm Bunking Off!
Corporal

Default Re: Alrighty, all I want to know is WHY???

Different strokes for different folks.. personally I think it's not for me, at all.. but I'm sure people think the exact same thing about my ears and/or tattoos.

So, do I think it's a bit weird? Absolutely. Do I want to keep an open mind and not judge? Absolutely.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Private

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. No judgement, just honestly curious as to WHY someone would sit on their kitchen table, slice open their private parts, and then post pics of it. I guess it's either for the pain aspect, or the thrill of seeing blood, which I don't like either of those, but as you've said, "different strokes" ... Guess it's better to slice up your own body instead of someone else's if that's the way you get your jollies on.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm Bunking Off!
Corporal

Well from my understanding the pain, blood, etc aspect is only a part of it and they're actually trying to achieve an end result, whether it be scarification or amputation.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Private

I like to read some of the stories. I guess it would make more sense to have the pics with the stories, instead of separate. Just peeking at random pics makes my head spin with the sheer shock factor of it. Despite the fact that I do love tattoos, I do NOT enjoy the pain associated with them, so seeing someone sitting there cutting off their toe just makes no sense to me. I never used to understand the whole cutting thing, but after reading some of the explanations about it, I can actually get why someone would do it. Whew, anyway, thanks for responding. I really didn't want my post to come off as judgemental, but I did want a little discussion about it.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

the same reason i love American Idol...it's not good for ya.

Christopher McCandless
Old 02-23-2010, 03:27 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Have you read the Nullo story/interview from there?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufferkiller View Post
Have you read the Nullo story/interview from there?

No, only saw the pictures. I'm interested in reading it, though. I'll go back on the site and try to find it. And Lol at Terry; I watch AI too.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:37 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I posted it on a few message boards. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll find it for you.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Private

I have to have the membership to read it. I've submitted a story to get the full access to the site, but it hasn't been read yet, so they haven't activated my account. If you can copy and paste it, or even send me a pm with it, I'd love to read it.

Tags
alrighty