Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 02-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Private

Default Re: How long can someone get tattooed consecutively?

Brandon covers long tattoo sessions in detail in his second DVD
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Private

Virtuoso.. no offense meant sorry if I upset you.

I see your point.. the body can secrete more plasma as the skin gets further traumatized.. diluting the pigment in the skin or pushing it back out in some instances. I would imagine anything is possible being that the human body is such a dynamic thing, responding in different ways.

I guess I'll just have to test the waters and see how much my body can take at one time.

The longest I've gone is 8 hours consecutively and toward the end the body bled more (more whole blood rather than just plasma) as each new area was tattooed.. albeit the pigment stayed and healed fine.

-Graupel
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

i've gotten tattooed for 8hrs and i was pretty much at my max...more power to you to sit longer. I'd rather not.

Christopher McCandless
Old 02-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Platoon Sargent

f@#k you guys, I can't last but 5 minutes.....Oops, wrong thread.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Private

Having only sat previously for a little over 2 hours for a tattoo, my last session of 5 hours was really tough for me. I didn't move a muscle, but it was frickin' hard. I've watched some of those ANTI videos where Brandon et al are going at it for days on end, long hours, and I can't IMAGINE. Thank God I live less than an hour from the shop so I don't HAVE to endure that!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:00 PM
X Project Tattoo
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupel View Post
Virtuoso.. no offense meant sorry if I upset you.

I see your point.. the body can secrete more plasma as the skin gets further traumatized.. diluting the pigment in the skin or pushing it back out in some instances. I would imagine anything is possible being that the human body is such a dynamic thing, responding in different ways.

I guess I'll just have to test the waters and see how much my body can take at one time.

The longest I've gone is 8 hours consecutively and toward the end the body bled more (more whole blood rather than just plasma) as each new area was tattooed.. albeit the pigment stayed and healed fine.

-Graupel
I aint mad bro... No worries... Good thread mate... BTW, my max is about 9hrs and few minutes but the last 1 or 2hrs of that 9hr session feels like hell... One vote for this thread bro...
Old 02-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Recruit

I recently had a guy fly in from Australia. He wanted to two full sleeves. This guy was an animal. First we did about 62 hours of tattooing in 8 days. But he was really healthy and took pain killers and antibiotics. Plus he only drank water and slept good too.

We did like 8 to 10 hour sessions and we rocked it out. I was spent though. I took a week off after that and went to Vegas! I put a pic of this dude up on my new site. He's the guy with a front shot on there. http://www.jasondunntattoo.com/portfolio/ Its been about 5 months and he said all is well. We probably still need to go in around the elbows as expected and what not. Give a look.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonclaydunn View Post
I recently had a guy fly in from Australia. He wanted to two full sleeves. This guy was an animal. First we did about 62 hours of tattooing in 8 days. But he was really healthy and took pain killers and antibiotics. Plus he only drank water and slept good too.

We did like 8 to 10 hour sessions and we rocked it out. I was spent though. I took a week off after that and went to Vegas! I put a pic of this dude up on my new site. He's the guy with a front shot on there. http://www.jasondunntattoo.com/portfolio/ Its been about 5 months and he said all is well. We probably still need to go in around the elbows as expected and what not. Give a look.
This is good discussion.
Factors like the good sleeping habits can be some of the best advice one could give for multiple days/hours session work. I've also took pain killers to help me get through a tough session, but I wouldn't recommend someone that has a history of a chemical dependency to do this. Wouldn't want anyone getting back on the slow train.
Write down your explanations and rehearse it. If you relay your information to the client in a professional and clear manner they take you and your guidance more seriously.

Nice work Jason.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Private

I've heard that if you take the equivalent of 80mg Ibuprofin it can help take the edge off the pain.. but I've never done this.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:28 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Cool Re: How long can someone get tattooed consecutively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajen View Post
Having only sat previously for a little over 2 hours for a tattoo, my last session of 5 hours was really tough for me. I didn't move a muscle, but it was frickin' hard. I've watched some of those ANTI videos where Brandon et al are going at it for days on end, long hours, and I can't IMAGINE. Thank God I live less than an hour from the shop so I don't HAVE to endure that!
I have actually been a little disappointed that I haven't had a long session with Dave yet. I was hoping for at least one 8+ hour session, but don't think I'll be getting one.

I've got a thing for testing my limits, and I'm pretty confident that I could sit through an all day session and stay as calm and cool as a Hindu Cow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonclaydunn View Post

That s&!t is sick! Smooth like butter.

Tags
consecutively, long, tattooed