Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 12-24-2008, 11:42 AM
I know Brandon Sucks IRL
Corporal

Default Vick Dogs, Where are they Now at Sports Illustrated

I saw a 10 shot profile of where some of the Vick Dogs are now, and while it would've been awesome if AoN could've been a part of the shoot, it's still AWESOME that the true face of the loving pit is being shown 'main-stream' in the setting of well adjusted familial units.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...1/10/index.htm:

These are just a few of the images from the shoot - Check out the link above for captions and the remaining pics.

-CS
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Vick Dogs, Where are they Now at Sports Illustrated

they interviewed me, but I think the "tattoo" thing was a sterotypical perpetuation to the suits.

pansies.

great article though!

and the cover is dope! post the cover!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Field Marshal

According to PETA spokesman Dan Shannon, "The cruelty they've suffered is such that they can't lead what anyone who loves dogs would consider a normal life. We feel it's better that they have their suffering ended once and for all." The SI article notes that The Humane Society of the U.S. also took the position that Vick's pit bulls, like all dogs saved from fight rings, were beyond rehabilitation and that trying to save them was a misappropriation of time and money.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Field Marshal

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ogs/index.html
Old 01-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
they interviewed me, but I think the "tattoo" thing was a sterotypical perpetuation to the suits.

pansies.

great article though!

and the cover is dope! post the cover!

Ironically though my sterotype of suits are those that run companies in the ground and ask for bailouts from the government and then give themselves fat Christmas bonuses. Maybe one day people will wake the hell up. Im probably asking too much there though. As for PETA, well all i can say is they are a joke.

On a lighter note if anyone hasnt seen the movie Marley and Me I highly recommend it. It is a must for all Dog lovers and sends a powerful message.

Last edited by rgr302; 01-11-2009 at 02:59 AM..
Old 04-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Field Marshal

I havent seen it yet? is it out on dvd?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Private

Yea, it just came out actually
Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Private

Amen! This world is way too materialistic and this whole thing is happening to give them a serious awakening if they are paying attention.

On that lighter note -- I read Marley and Me and was such a p---y about watching the movie cause I knew what was gonna happen and I was NOT ready to deal with the ending. But, it was a beautiful movie and the book is even BETTER! I LOVE the way the book ends because that's is how I would do it. Hope and healing, let the unconditional love be passed on...

To the OP, thank you. The Vick dog pics are beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr302 View Post
Ironically though my sterotype of suits are those that run companies in the ground and ask for bailouts from the government and then give themselves fat Christmas bonuses. Maybe one day people will wake the hell up. Im probably asking too much there though. As for PETA, well all i can say is they are a joke.

On a lighter note if anyone hasnt seen the movie Marley and Me I highly recommend it. It is a must for all Dog lovers and sends a powerful message.

www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

Last edited by HappyChick; 04-06-2009 at 08:00 PM..
Old 04-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Private

I'm glad to hear that almost all of the dogs were saved. Peta seems to be a bit hypocritical with their track record.

Tags
dogs, illustrated, sports, vick