Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 03-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Bonatti Needlebars??????

Anything spectacular about this make of needle bars????

anyone using this particular make of needlebars????

feedback/ pros-cons...post away

Last edited by Frek; 03-26-2011 at 09:04 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Bonatti Needlebars??????

Ok my research tells me that these particular needlebars are made to "give" a little, by dividing the bar in order to achieve a "cushion" effect which affects the the performance of the needle on the skin, making it more controlled and softer, improving the process of the ink running through the needle, a better way of coloring, shading and, lining as the ink flows in a uniform way through the needle, this innovative design is also supposed to reduce the trauma to the skin, resulting in less bleeding and faster healing times.....

I am not a tattooist, and this information was gathered via the Bonatti Needlebar Facebook page, I figured I'd share it with you guys, see what you thought about it, I'm not sure what to make of it but it sounds like a great and innovative product...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Platoon Sargent

bump......anyone get a chance to see what these are all about? feedback please.......
Old 04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
bump......anyone get a chance to see what these are all about? feedback please.......
Once you get an apprenticeship your mentor will explain it all to you.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Platoon Sargent

......its a company thats making them........I thought they were brand new from a company..........thank you for your feedback
Old 04-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Platoon Sargent

For the record, Im very aware of what Im trying to achieve, and how Im going about achieving them, yes an apprentice is in my very near future....I will find out if thats possible after Friday......there are alot of things that I have questions about, and its possible I could forget, these questions prior to an apprenticeship.....I posted this thread for other artists that may not have heard of this product or any other product I've posted about in the past, me asking for feedback on a product, that I couldn't get my hands on anyway, I feel isn't stepping on any toes on the industry or disrespecting this lifestyle, nobody says anything to the guys that have posted threads asking about specifics and techniques to things only "pro" artists should know, isn't there a "Professional" side to this forum???....and if it is why isn't those kinds of questions posted on that side of the site???.....I've been on here long enough, alot of you guys should know where my focus is...........If this thread was crossing the line, I apologize to anyone that felt some kind of way about me posting such a secretive question....Im still learning....
Old 04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Platoon Sargent

With how easy it is now to start tattooing, I thought alot of guys would be more supportive, in knowing I don't tattoo, but is trying to simply learn things, if a scratcher can be as bold as to actually tattoo someone with new diseases and bacteria popping up every second it seems, me asking questions shouldn't rattle anyone that much......
Old 04-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
With how easy it is now to start tattooing, I thought alot of guys would be more supportive, in knowing I don't tattoo, but is trying to simply learn things, if a scratcher can be as bold as to actually tattoo someone with new diseases and bacteria popping up every second it seems, me asking questions shouldn't rattle anyone that much......
Ill be supportive when you stop jumping other peoples s&!t because they dont meet your expectations of what an artist or tattooist should be. I personally find the attitudes of some folks in this industry pathetic, Im sick to death of the whole scratcher vs pro argument, Im tired of the latest and greatest product threads....its worse then tech upgrades and Im fed up with the elitist attitudes of anyone who can draw an O'l Sailor Jerry sparrow....whoop de dooh. If half these people are as great as they think they are they would be showing in an art gallery not tattooing. The industry HAS changed for the better, it is more creative AND there are some amazing artists plying there trade by tattooing, equipment is better, tattoos hold up better and last longer but this fantasy of what it takes to be a tattoo artist is a bunch of over hyped bulls&!t. Whether you start as an apprentice (which is honestly the easy way) or go the self starter route (which can be quite miserable) you still have to s&!t or get off the pot. You have questions that I can answer Ill be delighted to do so but do me a favor and lose your elitist attitude before you learn how to tat.....the industry is already inundated. Peace-Scott
Old 04-10-2011, 08:59 PM
^This Guy^
Private

This really is the first I have heard of them I did a search and saw
A pic but that was it...
I think "personally" I would be cautious of not being able to
Get that familiar "puncture" feel due to the bar having the give..
This is all based on thought though fir I know knotting of the product.
Sorry.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdog View Post
Ill be supportive when you stop jumping other peoples s&!t because they dont meet your expectations of what an artist or tattooist should be. I personally find the attitudes of some folks in this industry pathetic, Im sick to death of the whole scratcher vs pro argument, Im tired of the latest and greatest product threads....its worse then tech upgrades and Im fed up with the elitist attitudes of anyone who can draw an O'l Sailor Jerry sparrow....whoop de dooh. If half these people are as great as they think they are they would be showing in an art gallery not tattooing. The industry HAS changed for the better, it is more creative AND there are some amazing artists plying there trade by tattooing, equipment is better, tattoos hold up better and last longer but this fantasy of what it takes to be a tattoo artist is a bunch of over hyped bulls&!t. Whether you start as an apprentice (which is honestly the easy way) or go the self starter route (which can be quite miserable) you still have to s&!t or get off the pot. You have questions that I can answer Ill be delighted to do so but do me a favor and lose your elitist attitude before you learn how to tat.....the industry is already inundated. Peace-Scott
you my friend need detox or decaf.....I will ALWAYS HATE, a person that puts straight trash "art" into peoples skin (and Im not talking about first timers/ apprentices ...sounds like you lost alot off love for this life, I love QUALITY, GOOD LOOKING tattoos and all art for that matter...if me liking really great work over something trashy and perfer to get an apprenticeship along with my own findings than me and you don't need to be posting on the same threads...or just ignore my postings....Im not the greatest artist myself I need ALOT of polishing and need to start drawing s&!t I wouldn't draw normally, I've said it a thousand times...sorry if I offended you with my views but thats how I see it, not trying to be a "Rockstar" or "Elitist", I love the idea of accomplished artists doing tattoos, the game has really changed because of that fact,and I totally support the idea of actual artists doing tattoos, its showing people that tattooists actually possess a talent for art, and not just putting random designs on people. Ive been groomed in art from comicbooks and graffiti art, and being precise with your lines and applying a high level of detail and color values was the only way an artist received any kind of respect, and Im bringing that same line of thinking over to the tattoo world, it just me dude, if you took major offense over my posts than maybe you too, need to step the art game up, just like me and a few others, because the guys not worried to much about my posts are either really great artists themselves or they get an understanding of how serious I really am about being a tattooists, or at least have an idea of where my head is anyway..........how can you not at least show some respect to one of the forefathers Sailor Jerry?????.....its obvious I hold tattooing in a different light than others, and people that don't love this life need to get out, period. And the "great" artists that tattoo do have their work in art galleries...I personally know graffiti artists that have oil paintings in art galleries I also know alot of tattooist that have fine arts in art galleries as well and met them at the gallery's art shows, and the ones that are also tattooists did both outstanding paintings and tattoo work.....so what are you REALLY talking about dude????........I take this life and art very serious and I have a certain level of tattoo art that I'd love to achieve, and I believe the only way to get to achieve a great level is to take WHATEVER craft your learning very serious and be disciplined enough to hold that kind of attitude until everyday until certain goals are reached, and will enjoy all the hard-times learning to be a great in this lifestyle, gives me something to work for instead of tattooing just to tattoo and never evolving, when I look back over my years of tattooing, my pictures of my work should show growth and hopefully tremendous growth.....Cheerz

edited: maybe in a way I am trying to be an elitist (ELITE in portraying great tattoo art one day hopefully LMAO!!!)......Yeah, that sounds kinda good actually,.......... to come to think of it I never really said anything derogatory, to anyone except maybe they need to concentrate on art more or something to that effect, when you attack me its natural for me to attack you......I dont like it when people brag and boast about their artwork, ESPECIALLY when its not good looking.....

edited again: totally, missed this in your post: I love new products and EVERYTHING about tattooing, TV shows, any documentary movies on tattooing, ANYTHING remotely connected to the tattooing world I embrace it, except for the China cheese and bootleggging, ebay crap thats out, if its a product that may help another artist produce work, that much better then Im posting, if you don't like newer equipment post and little things that could help your daily grind run just a tad smoother, than I don't know what to tell you dude, honestly, the game is changing at a very fast rate, new things coming out everyday............Love it or leave it alone....

Thanx L.H. wouldn't they f@#k up the "lift" thats supposed to happen with machines..???......I don't know just trying to figure it out, they may have to go back to the drawing board with these needles..Thanx again for you input L.H.

Last edited by Frek; 04-12-2011 at 06:52 AM..

Tags
bonatti, needlebars