Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Dumb Laws Of The Week

Old 01-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: new jersey

dont even get me started on the cost of living here. my landlord wanted 189k for the town house i live in. the market is coming to a grinding halt because no blue collar joe can afford the prices. it's all the people who lived in NYC that got scared from 9/11 who are moving here. stupid thing is, NJ holds more gallons of gasoline and chemical compounds than anywhere else in the US, making a prime location for a terrorist attack.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Weaksauce
Corporal

Yeah I still don't get the whole interest in living up in the NE. I'm living much more comfortably here in the south than I would in the NE. For me the weather is better and it's not as crowded.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Private

189k thats cheap for the jersey shore we have 2-3 bedrms town houses for mid 300. in the next town over in hillsbrough and cost of living is a bullsh*t fact cause cloths,cars,vacations,gas ect.. ect.. still cost the same. some stuff is cheaper but only cause u make less money it all equals out to the same s&!t like example $20 per hr up north = $12 per hr in the south and south west . my buddy moved to florida is an experianced sheet metal worker top pay he could find in the area was $15 per hr and he was making $25 up here needless to say hes back here after a year and a half. and he was paying $800 a month plus utilities = 1100 - 1200 a month depending on how hot it was. u can find that here. doesn't matter im a part time artist and a full time union electrician so if i move anywhere i'll get top pay for that state if there is any electrical union there but thats just my 2 cents
Old 02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Weaksauce
Corporal

I call bullsh*t on your bullsh*t. A primary factor of cost of living is real estate. After that is taxes and insurance. What cost of living means is if you could maintain the same lifestyle as you would elsewhere. No, not all salaries balances out to equal cost of lving.

For example. I have a house here in Ga that's 2300sq ft that I paid $180k. When I was offered a job in NJ a similar house cost $400k. That's more than double the cost of the house in Ga. Then the taxes were significantly more in NJ than in Ga. So just off of those two alone, I'd have to make some real money. The company offered me 45% more than what I was currently making but I still came up very short. Even with the salary increase I would not be able to maintain the same lifestyle I do here in Ga. If I chose to move up to NJ, I would have to go from living in a 2300sq ft home to a 1200sq ft apartment. I'd have to sell my car cause insurance would be too high up there. etc.

The same situation goes for Florida. When I was offered a job there it was a 6 figure salary. But I still couldn't match how I was living in Ga even with that salary.

I've been relocated to two different states because of job offers. I've been offered jobs in 6 different states and I promise you. Things definately do not cost the same at all. And salaries do not match the cost to live in that particular area either. Even cars are not the same. Taxes for cars are different in all states, car insurance is different as well. Just call those insurance companies up an you'll see you're paying alot more for insurance in NJ than you would say in... South Dakota.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Field Marshal

there are a lot of factors when it comes to cost of living that can not be measured from state to state. i just moved back from PA 2 years ago and i always hear people say it cheaper, trust me it's not. my rent was, but i made less at the job and paid even more taxes since PA is a common wealth which means they can make up any bulls&!t tax they want. i paid a 1% priviledge to work near the city tax. i also paid a 10% local tax for living in a historical district even though i had no kids in the school system and rented vs. owning. cigs are cheaper, but gas is more expensive. the only thing that didn't make sence to me is my car insurance actually was less in NJ. i don't know how that happened, but i'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. like i said earlier, all those folks from NYC got scared from 9/11/01 and can afford to purchase higher priced homes and commute to work vs. paying a cool million to live in the city in a dinky little apartment. hence to increase in price of homes and now the market is dead in the water since the local blue collar guy can't afford to buy in his own neighborhood. my brother lives around the corner from me and it seems like there's a for sale sign on every lawn. these are not luxorious lavish houses, just regular suburban homes. properties that are really worth an average of $140K are going for $350K, more than double what they were in 2000. meanwhile the price of gas goes up everyday across the board. when the weather permits, it's a 2 wheeled drive to work. i paid $45 dollars for gas over the entire past summer because i rode my bike vs. driving my truck which would cost $45 dollars a week. it's all just a bunch of BS, but this year should be a little better since it's an election year. for some reason the trend around here is people spend a little more with a new president and hearts full of dreams that thing will be better than the last year. i sure hope so, i could use a boost in the ole income department.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Private

tru my uncle owns a construction company thats based in atlanta they work on the high rises and historic sites. and i know what the real estate is like there ,i visit once a year. and bullsh*t on ur bullsh*t that was on my bullsh*t lol u just said the same thing i said just more detailed . if ur real estate went up to what ours is everything would just about match hence cost of living that would include salaries. i pay $975 for the year for insurance on a 05 envoy xl , 99 1500 chevy pickup and a 05 hayabusa dont think thats high at all. the price is about the same yeah taxes are cheaper but my uncle bought the same exact truck i did in the same month i did when i was visiting and he paid about 2000 more than me. if i fly there and back it cost about the same for him to fly here and back as vacations still cost the same or traveling. i live in a 1900sq ft house that is in somerset county and i paid $280,000 last year on a half acre. we could go back and forth for ever on pros and cons but it all sums up to person opinions. i love jersey and thats no lie . i love ga too its beautful there the people are really nice alittle slow for me but nice lol just kidding . if i was to move ga is were it would be. my uncle offered me a job with him making $30 an hr which is about $20 and change less than what i make here and not including tattooing part time so thats more income but i just cant bring my self to leave the good old dirty jerz
Old 02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Field Marshal

for some reason jersey has this strange loyalty to it. i have done so many NJ state tattoos this year, not to mention area codes, "REPRESENTIN 732 YA'LL" haha... the one thing i noticed when i moved back was how much better everything tastes here. food is bangin in jersey. i couldn't find a place in pa that could make a respectable sandwich or pizza. in jersey you get oil & vinegar on a sandwich, in pa it's balsamic vinegar (yuk!) i don't know, i grew up in jersey and i'll probably end up dying here too. regardless of how much the cost of living. happiness is the only price i'm concerned with.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Private

tru that reppin 908 son lol
Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Weaksauce
Corporal

Heh, I don't blame you. PA in general has always been a little wierd. Who the hell puts balsamic vinegar on their sandwich. That does sound pretty gross.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

201 and 973 in the hizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzouse. HAHA

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Tags
jersey