Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 AM
Private

Default Re: Post your work!!!!

not trying to be an ass or anything im just curious why you think i shouldn't be tattooing right now? i know i have a lot to learn and not saying im perfect or know everything by all means but what have i done or didn't do to imply that i shouldn't be tattooing? again im not trying to come off as a prick lol or a hard ass just wanting to know the criticism or your thoughts i guess
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 AM
Private

not trying to be an ass or anything im just curious why you think i shouldn't be tattooing right now? i know i have a lot to learn and not saying im perfect or know everything by all means but what have i done or didn't do to imply that i shouldn't be tattooing? again im not trying to come off as a prick lol or a hard ass just wanting to know the criticism or your thoughts i guess
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Private

Lets see if this works....

Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Private

Great, so these are a few tattoos I worked on over the course of the past year or so. Some I am happy with, some not so. I would still consider myself an 'apprentice' even though I work full time tattooing, simply because i feel I will never stop learning, but mostly , because compared to the great artists out there, I am a tattoo baby... If Mr Bond is out there, please, please let me come and spend a week watching you tattoo, I am sure I would learn more in that week than I have in the past year !

Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Private

A few more, then thats me...

Old 02-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Private

And this one, I am not so happy with. The client was over the moon, he loved it, but there is something wrong, and I cannot put my finger on it. Please, feel free to comment...

Old 02-21-2013, 05:45 AM
Corporal

Jason, there are just almost nothing correct on a technical level on the tattoos you posted. Maybe I shouldnt ve phrased it the way I did, but what I meant was, for now, you should stick to small easy tattoos. Once you can line and pack black, then you can start to learn how to shade..Build strong foundations before you start building anything else on top.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Corporal

Timepiece, good job buddy
Old 02-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by aivanne View Post
Jason, there are just almost nothing correct on a technical level on the tattoos you posted. Maybe I shouldnt ve phrased it the way I did, but what I meant was, for now, you should stick to small easy tattoos. Once you can line and pack black, then you can start to learn how to shade..Build strong foundations before you start building anything else on top.
i get what your saying. sort of. i could understand it coming from someone that has no imperfections in their work. and im sorry if i sound like a prick or noob or whatever someone wants to call me but if you are going to talk about someone else's work then your work should be something that they could look to as an example of correct work.... as in your photos for one why are they all posted in black and white or edited photos.... and are from a distance but yet can still see lines that arnt straight ect. not saying every line is f@#ked up but your telling me i need to get my foundations down when you have imperfections in your work.... on top of that the eye with hand coming out is not your design(cant remember the origonal artist) but neither is the mummy skull thing... that is a bob tyrrell design http://tattoopics.org/business-directory/ ....... now im not trying to start anything... im not saying i dont agree with you in that i need work and by all means dont take it that i am saying i am better than you or anyone. i am not saying that nor trying to imply it. i dont mind criticism but dont try to blast someone about their work when your work isnt perfect or non the less your design. i could understand if you tattoo'd something that wasnt already tattoo'd by someone else like a graphic design from a magazine or something that people want but you change it up kinda like you did the skull hand in the eye photo but to copy someone else's work is a no no.... im not the only one who needs to build a stronger foundation.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Private

and im sure i may get blasted for the post or even removed from the forum.... like i said im not tryin to talk s&!t to anyone or you in specific of that matter. nor say i am better or my work is better than yours or anyones by all means. i understand i need work and practice to get my work to where i want it and "up to some peoples par" but critic is different than blasting someone about how their work is bassicly s&!t and dont appreciate that. nor would anyone else. just food for thought

Tags
post, work