Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Testimonials

Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Default An amazing Letter from client about recent trip to the shop

Brandon,

I’m writing to let you know about my recent experience at AON and with Dave Tedder in particular.

First some background. I’m not in the tattoo “culture” (whatever the hell that means) I just wanted a tattoo (my first) as a 50th birthday present to myself. While I always wanted a tattoo I just “never got around to it”. Mostly I was never impressed by what I was seeing on other people, never impressed with the flash I was seeing and just never saw anything, tattoo or artist that felt “right”.

I finally decided to put in the research and settled on Dave as the person I felt could best interpret what I wanted. I was looking to have two koi, in a loose Yin/Yang arrangement as well as my kid’s names in Japanese kana. From the first call to AON I knew that I had made the right decision. My first contact was with Di Quartel and she was extremely helpful not just with making the appointment but with an initial discussion about size, placement, etc. as well as reassuring me that I had indeed made a wise choice in Dave. She also took the time to just chat about other stuff and while that may not seem like a big deal, it went a long way toward making me feel welcomed.

My first session with Dave was excellent. He listened, looked over my reference material, and drew out a much better design that I had anticipated. I know that you, like most artists (including Dave), prefer to have total artistic freedom and I get that. If this were not my first tattoo I might have been inclined to go more in that direction. I was never sure how much of my input would become too constricting to Dave’s artistic abilities, but if it was, he never showed it. Over the next several weeks we met twice more and each time I was extremely pleased with how my tattoo progressed. It has been finished for about three weeks now and the colors have mellowed perfectly. Dave is indeed an artist in the truest sense of the word. When I say that this experience has exceeded my expectations you should not take that lightly. I came into this with very high expectations, given the reputation of Dave and AON but exceed them they did. Every time I came into the studio I was impressed with how friendly the staff was. I had an opportunity to talk with several folks there including Di, John, Max and on my last visit, your newest intern. Even online you have an excellent representative in Nicole.

Dave asked that I come back in after a couple more weeks to photograph my tattoo and I will do that. It has been a pleasure doing business with Dave and AON. I know you have heard often about the quality of your staff and studio, but I wanted to say as well that it isn’t very common these days to have the opportunity to be around so many professionals who truly care about their work and their art. I have no idea whether or not I will ever get another tattoo. It’s hard to imagine one that could hold up to what I just got. Just know that if I do AON has a client for life and I’ll do my best to steer others in your direction. Mad props to all.

Please pass on to them my gratitude for a job well done.

Steve Holley

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 AM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Default Re: An amazing Letter from client about recent trip to the shop

this is where 95% of other shops get it wrong.....CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

way to go AON!!!

Christopher McCandless
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

That is so true. What an awesome thing to hear from a client.

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.vickdogmovie.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Field Marshal

thats awesome!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Field Marshal

thanks steve!!! xoxoxo
Old 08-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Corporal

Id have to say its all true. I am a street kid from Baltimore who loved ink all his life but couldn't get the ink on because if my career. Once established I began collecting what I had always wanted.
All or Nothing was a natural choice. EVERYONE said they have the dope artists, one look at the shop will let you know they win at every show. They are published in this magazine or that one, EVERY month. I don't know what you are looking for but this is the level of work I was seeking.
From my first visit to my latest I have never been disappointed. Artists have changed but the lineup remains the best there is. The apprentices change, but there is always top talent being brought up, folks who know how to treat the customer.
I'm 100 hours or so in the chair with many more to go. Those hours will be spent at All or Nothing. I'm taken care of, that's what its about, quality artists working hard to put out the best, great apprentices to assist, an owner who wants the top lineup, best looking shop.
Ive worked with 6 artists on 11 pieces, I have two more booked a sleeve and some more leg work with two more amazing AON artists.
I see no point in stopping or looking anywhere else.
Thank you to everyone for making the experience a great one everytime.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Your pretty darn amazing Kevin.

Hopefully I can be up there and say hello to you on your next appointment.

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.vickdogmovie.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Corporal

you got to come by sometime Rockstar, surely Ive been around a bit!

In all seriousness Ive heard alot of people complain about the experience they recently had at other Atlanta shops. I tell them the same thing Ive been saying for a few years now, All or Nothing.

I really appreciate the job you all do.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchen View Post
you got to come by sometime Rockstar, surely Ive been around a bit!

In all seriousness Ive heard alot of people complain about the experience they recently had at other Atlanta shops. I tell them the same thing Ive been saying for a few years now, All or Nothing.

I really appreciate the job you all do.
I haven't even had any work done at AON yet (booked my appointment with Dave yesterday!) and I do the same thing. Each time someone tells me they're getting something done, I refer them to AON. I get irritated when they go elsewhere because they "met the guy and he was nice." WTF?! Why go to a crap shop for nice, when you can go to AON and get awesome AND quality. These guys have enough talent to be assholes and still make money, but they are the complete opposite of assholes. A lot of these other shops have no talent and rely on their ability to sale themselves to people that don't know any better.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

I am super stoked to hear you booked your appointment

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.vickdogmovie.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Tags
amazing, client, letter, recent, shop, trip