Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 10-14-2009, 12:45 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

Default Re: Alla Prima colors

CAAAARRRRRAAAAAAPPPPP.. i got rid of my entire set.. had to re do at least 10 pieces.. HORRIBLE stuff.. back to my life long pals, Eternal, Intenze, and Dynamic.. (REEAAALLY interested in Waverly.. and Fusion....
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Field Marshal

try to get ground shipping if possible, the second set i got froze during the delivery flight and seperated and got all clumpy. granted the supplier sent me another set free of charge. but climate conditions definetly are an issue with alla prima.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Yeah I try never to buy s&!t in the winter stock up in august and hopefully don't run outta s&!t till may...... But yeah I olny have Alla Prima's primary and blood set, I have to say im on this huge try everything spell even the new "Skin Candy" Formula which it is alot easyier to work with then it was 4 years ago when it first came out, Alla Prima is Good for me Im the olny dude messing with it in the shop, I do Like the New Kuro colors their like Tattooing with Elmers glue!!!!
And Easy Glow is Sweet and brite can't wait to see the Tattoo i did the other day healed, but I always end up right back to my Eternals and Starbrite never a huge fan of "Mom's" and Not into Intenze just cause i had a bad experiance with a guy from Starlight Tattoo, who owns Intenze so yeah not supporting it just cause of that and still waiting for the Ca$h for Waverly have been real Intrested in trying it for a while i just need to settle down and use what i got

sorry for the rant ya know how it goes sometimes

Last edited by SJRabbit; 10-16-2009 at 01:45 AM..
Old 10-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamish417 View Post
I think Unimax just carries the color systems like Blood, Zombie, and Periwinkle. Bicknee has the Primary set but when trying something for the first time I like to buy straight from the manufacturer to reduce variables if a problem should arise and I don't like to support suppliers that sell to the general public.

One of the other artists at our shop picked up their Black works and Flesh tones set a few weeks ago and speaks highly of it, said it was hard to push and he didn't care for their White but said he'd be buying more. Also the picture of the middle Flesh tone looks nothing like what he got, looks like the picture on the Unimax site.

Not really a big deal, still a good ink just wasn't what he was expecting.

There are Knock off's poping up cause of it's Popularity, f@#king China
Old 10-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Recruit

I have the whole set and personally, I really like it, but a guy I used to work with got the set as well and he had a different color for flesh tones like you have there in the picture...I dont know what the deal with that is and I havent used the "other" color in that set, but I dunno, I thought I was the only one who noticed that
Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Corporal

I cant imagine buying their flesh-tone "set". I have the 'flesh highlight' -- then just add what I need to deepen it...purple, red, brown, whatever...

But to be honest, I feel like they dont mix up properly in the bottles. There are always spots of the various other colors they use. I mean, I put 3 ball bearings in each 2oz bottle, and the sumb1tc4 still dont seem to shake-up evenly. Of course it mixes up fine in the tube, and goes in nice and (at least for me) seems to heal up fine as well. BUT, I am kind of wierded out by it not mixing up well in the bottle.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Corporal

i have been having issues healing their pigments as well. they look ok at first, but fall apart in about a week. so far they are cooperating trying to help me out, but i noticed that every bottle i have has the exact same lot, batch, and produced date. you guys should take a look and see if yours is the same. maybe there is a bad batch floating and thats why we cant heal em.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Private

nothing but trouble.. my greywash set seperated in hours and i got it replaced and the replacement did the same... I dont like how the colors heal.. I have a bunch on my arm and 5 months later and they look washed out.. John montgomery and Josh Carlton were nice enough guys but looking at their work.. I highly doubt they use their own ink half the time..
Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Corporal

check the labels on your bottles. i was looking for the expire after mine seperated like that and noticed that every bottle, every color, every size, from 2 different suppliers, alla prima directly and tattoo majik, has the same lot and batch numbers. no other brand i have seen is like this.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Field Marshal

I haven't had any problems with healing but I also do tell people NOT to use ANY Aftercare Ointments and to just wash the mother f@#ker it's a little old school but it works and takes out all the guess work of s&!t!

I did do a Spot Check and Tattooed my Leg with Alla Prima one spot I used every ones FAV. "Aquafor" since there were Problems Arising and it pulled the pigment out and the one i used nothing on looks fine.......so my guess stop useing stuff and you and your clients will be Happy

Tags
alla, colors, prima