Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 04-14-2011, 04:59 AM
Recruit

Default Re: Vaseline!!!

My issue with vasoline is it breaks down latex and nitrile gloves in under 1/4 hour, i'm not going to contaminate myself or my customers. Saying that i did ues it for 6 years with no problems.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Corporal

hmmm, i was aware that vasoline breaks down latex but i was under the impression that it didn't break down nitrile.... what doesnt break down?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

It breaks it down, but how long do you really wear one set of gloves? Each time I've been tattoo'd, the artist went through tons of gloves. Each time they had to adjust anything, they had to change them. I've also never heard or, or seen vaseline break down a rubber glove that fast.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Recruit

The sales rep recons 15 minuts on latex and 20 on nitrile, and the breakdown is not visable, just enough for pathogens to enter, i dont know about you but i usualy have broken skin around my finger quticles - nail edges, scary stuff.
I have been trying different stuff, some of the vegan lubes work ok, nothing i wood recomend yet. And yeah, i change gloves regularly, but find myself getting into the work, and might go for 40 or 50 minuts without stopping and changing gloves.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:56 PM
^This Guy^
Private

I change my gloves quite often..
I use the ninja gloves
(got a great deal on a case of cases)
I have never seen my gloves break down that fast
( not to say it does not happen)
Would agree a pair can last me 40 mins or so
But I have never had any issues that I know of
- just my opinion
Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Corporal

does a&d break down latex or nitrile like vasoline? i know its another petroleum based product,but was wondering if it has the same effect. cause i like to use a&d while im doing a tattoo also.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:11 PM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

when im tattooing, im constantly changing my gloves. just to be safe.

www.JohnDameArt.com
Old 04-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Private

ditto, i usually change gloves way too often to have to worry about them breaking down.. i use A&D
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Recruit

hey folks, I know this is reviving a fairly old thread but the topic is an important one. Simple solution is olive oil. Veg friendly, no petrol, and a small dab goes a long way. Just my 2 cents.

Tags
vaseline